Steps to automatically install Desktop Central agent after OS deployment
By configuring the post deployment activities while customizing the image, you can add Desktop Central agent executables in "Add applications" section to automatically install agent after successful OS deployment. Follow the steps given below to add desktop central agent executables,
- Under Admin, select Add Applications.
- Select Add application, specify the application name as Desktop central agent executable.
- Upload the Desktop Central agent executables DesktopCentralAgent.msi & DesktopCentralAgent.mst by choosing the respective agent executable files. Ensure that you upload both the MSI & MST executables. To download the agent executable find the steps given below,
- In the Desktop Central server console, go to Admin tab --> SOM settings --> Scope of management
- Go to the computers view and click on Download agent in the right hand side and download the required WAN or LAN agent.
- A zip file will get downloaded. Extract it and upload both the MSI & MST executables of Desktop Central agent.
- Specify the silent switches or execution commands as msiexec /i DesktopCentralAgent.msi TRANSFORMS="DesktopCentralAgent.mst" ENABLESILENT=yes REBOOT=ReallySuppress INSTALLSOURCE=Manual /qn /lv Agentinstalllog.txt to silently install the Desktop Central agent.
- Under Imaging & deployment, select Customize deployment and select create deployment template.
- Select the required image and configure the post deployment activities. Refer this document for more details.
- To install Desktop Central agent executables, Go to "Select application to install in target computer" and click Add applications in the right hand side.
- Select the Desktop Central agent executable appication which we have added using the above steps.
- Select Create Deployment template. Once you deploy the image using this template, agent will get automatically installed on the target computers where you have performed deployment.
After successful image deployment, applications will be installed on the target computer.