Privileged Identity Management: What is it and why is it critical for your business?
Privileged Identity Management (PIM), a part of Identity and Access Management (IAM), helps IT administrators to monitor, control, and manage access to high value IT infrastructure or sensitive information. These information can include resources in Active Directory (AD), on-premises and cloud applications.
Organizations need to keep a close check on users with elevated privileges to ensure that their accounts are not misused or abused. Implementing PIM establishes the required oversight mechanisms for user activity with elevated or administrator privileges, and consequently mitigates the risks of unnecessary or excessive permissions on classified data. Some of the key features of PIM are:
- Enforcing just-in-time and time-bound access to resources
- Requiring approval to grant privileged roles or features
- Enforcing multi-factor authentication for activating specific features or roles
- Ensuring that the admins are notified when privileged features or roles are activated.
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is an integrated self-service password management and single sign on (SSO) solution. To help implement the PIM strategy in your organization, it also offers:
- Approval workflow: Route all the requests from users to perform password self-service to the IT team for approval.
- Comprehensive reports: Get reports that provide information on Active Directory domain users' password status, password self-service actions, identity verification failures, and more.
- Real-time notifications: Alert users and admins on specific actions like password resets, password change, account and password expiration, and more.
- Advanced authenticators: Enforce advanced authenticators like biometrics, YubiKey and Google Authenticator to secure access to Widows, macOS, and Linux machines.
- SSO: Streamline user access to enterprise applications with SAML SSO.
Implement Privilege Identity Management to improve your security posture.
Your download is in progress and it will be completed in just a few seconds!
If you face any issues, download manually here
Self-service password management and single sign-on solution
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus is an integrated self-service password management and single sign-on solution for Active Directory and cloud apps. Ensure endpoint security with stringent authentication controls including biometrics and advanced password policy controls.
- Related Products