How to change SharePoint group permissions?
- SharePoint 2013
- An existing SharePoint site.
- A pre-created user and group in SharePoint.
- 1 Open the SharePoint site.
- 2 Click on Site Actions (gear icon) and then select Site Settings.
- 3 Under the Users and Permissions category, click Site Permissions.
- 4 Select the check box next to the group whose permission you wish to modify.
- 5 Go to the Permissions tab and click Edit User Permissions.
- 6 Select the necessary check box(es) for the new permission level.
Note: If multiple permission levels are selected, then the permission level assigned to the group is a union of all the individual permissions in the selected permission levels.
Permission level 1 = Permissions A, B, C
Permission level 2 = Permissions C, D
Assigned permission level = A, B, C, D
- 6 Click OK.
Audit changes made to group permissions with the "Security Changes report" from SharePoint Manager Plus.
- An overview of SharePoint
- How to add an user to a SharePoint site?
- How to create a SharePoint group?
- How to check permissions of SharePoint users and groups?
- How to configure audit logging for a SharePoint site collection?
- How to check the size of a SharePoint site?
- How to check the size of SharePoint storage?
- How to migrate sharepoint on premises to online?