How to enable Remote Administration in Windows - ManageEngine Endpoint Central
Remote administration is this feature which allows you to control computers, within your network, remotely. For example, if you want to change the wallpaper on all the computers in your network, you will be able to do it remotely, from a central location after you enable this feature. Learn how to enable remote administration in Windows!
Note: You must have admin rights to enable and use the Remote Administration feature.
Remote Administration in Windows
Remote administration feature allows a user to have complete control over all the windows endpoints from a centralized location. Here's a list of all the Endpoint Central remote desktop administration features and capabilities:
- Remote Control
- Remote Command prompt
- Remote Wake-on-LAN
- Remote Shutdown
- Remote Announcement
- Remote access to task manager, services, registry, file manager, device manager etc.
How to enable the Remote Administration feature in windows:
To enable the Remote Administration feature, follow the steps given below:
- Click the Configurations tab
- Click Script Repository on the left tree and select Templates.
- Search for EnableRemoteAssistAndRds.bat under script name and Add to repository.
- Click on Repository tab and find the script you just added.
- Select Add to Computer Configuration under Actions and you will be redirected to the Configurations page.
- Choose a target
- Configure the execution settings as required
- Click Deploy
You have enabled the Remote Administration feature using Endpoint Central. You can also enable this feature manually.
How to enable the Remote Desktop Administration feature manually?
- Click start>Run
- Enter gpedit.msc
- Click OK
- Double-click Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Network>Network Connections>Windows Firewall
- Double-click Domain Profile>Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception
- Select Enabled
- Click Apply
- Click OK
You have enabled the Remote Administration feature manually.