ADManager Plus Release Notes
Build 6151 (October 2013)
- Lync 2010/2013 support: With this new component of ADManager Plus's user creation templates, you can configure all the appropriate Lync server settings for your users even as you create new accounts for them. While Lync makes intra-organizational communication swift, the new user creation templates make even the process of configuring / enabling intra-organizational communication equally swift.
- Exchange Server 2013 support: You can now configure user mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013 and apply the appropriate mailbox policies required to govern them as well; use all the latest features and advantages innate to Exchange 2013 and make your Exchange mailbox management efficient and top of the line.
- 'Drag-n-Drop' Customization in user creation templates to fine tune the process of creating new user accounts to fit your organizational policies and requirements to a T; make any attribute mandatory, read-only or even hidden as per your needs or based on the technician to whom you will be assigning the user creation template.
- LCS/OCS/Lync configuration in user creation template: The user creation console will now have a separate tab exclusively to configure all the appropriate settings to enable instant communication in your organization. This feature will enable you to specify the appropriate value for LCS/OCS and even Lync Server settings from the same screen.
- Exchange 2010 Policies Support: You can now configure Exchange mailboxes for the new user accounts that you are provisioning and also apply the appropriate policies at the same time using this feature.
- Revamped 'Avoid Duplication' feature to check for duplication of critical/specific attributes at the desired level (OU / Domain /Forest) and perform the appropriate operation to avoid duplicate values.
- Enhancements in 'User Modification Templates':
- Updates to organization attributes (Title, Department, Offices and Companies) in 'Admin' tab will reflect in user modification templates that have been already created.
- 'Member Of' attribute has been added to 'Modification Rules' component in user modification templates.
- Delete users' existing group membership information during the modification process.
- Unlock user accounts via templates during user modification process.
- Recursive naming formats will now be supported in users' description and custom attributes.
- Execute a custom script on successful modification of a user account.
- Move users' to a different container during user modification process.
- Polish characters not exported in PDF format.
- Additional email address attribute in 'group creation template'.
- Hiding the new password generated during single user modification.
- Issues in Cleanup scheduler.
- Issues in authorizing HDTs for 'Move Home Folder' action.
Highlights of Previous Releases
ADManager Plus announces iPhone app for Active Directory User Management.
The App enables on the move management of Active Directory user accounts. The iPhone App provides some of the crucial & important functionalities offered by the product itself, such as :
- Password resets
- Unlocking user accounts
- Disabling accounts
- Enabling accounts
- Deleting accounts
You can download the App using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/manageengine-admanager-plus/id717152869?mt=8.
Build 6140 (September 2013)
- The scheduler has been enhanced to accommodate more accurate time frequencies.
- 'Select only the appended objects from the file’ option has been added to help choose only the appended data while importing records through iterations from a CSV.
- Filters in AD reports have been enhanced to drill down to the specifics of reported data; Reports can now be filtered based on attributes such as Primary Group, WhenChanged, whenCreated, DisplayName, Account Expires, Bad Password Time, Lockout Time, Last Logon Time, Last Logon Timestamp, Bad Pwd count, and Pwd status.
- Issue in setting “Deny” permissions over a mailbox during Bulk User Modification has been fixed.
- Issue in creating Mailbox on Exchange Server 2007 when installed on Windows server 2012 has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying primary SMTP address has been fixed; the primary mail address in the additional mail address list will now be replaced with the newly modified address.
- Issue in using configured custom attribute in CSV while creating or modifying users via automation has been fixed.
Build 6131 (August 2013)
- ADManager Plus Android App enables your Active Directory Administrators and Helpdesk Technicians to Access/Manage the user accounts in your Active Directory environment right from their mobile devices. Some of the major features are,
- Reset Password
- Unlock User Accounts
- Enable User Accounts
- Disable User Accounts
- Delete User Accounts
- ADManager Plus Group Templates standardize the group creation process. These templates store values and formats that are applied automatically across all the group objects that are created using these templates.
- The drag-and-drop option in Group Creation Templates helps customize templates as per organizational needs to display or hide the specific tabs or attributes as required.
- The UI for Single group creation is now more flexible and user friendly with the fields categorized under General, Group and Exchange tabs.
- 'Managed by' field added to single group creation can be used to designate managers for the groups.
- Issues in configuring HDT, when many templates, OUs and roles are assigned to him, have been fixed.
- Issue in importing 'UTF-8' format files in Automation and Workflow during user creation/modification (using CSVs) has been fixed.
- Browser issue (IE) that occurs when the number of objects chosen in 'delegate security role-step 1' is huge, has been fixed.
- The resultant page that occurs after 'user creation using CSV' will no longer have export option issues in Firefox.
- Local groups will no longer be displayed in the 'add members' options under Universal distribution group creation/modification.
Build 6120 (July 2013)
- The actions list has been enhanced. Modify Users by CSV, Add To Group, Remove From Group actions have now been added.
- Option to enforce "user must change password at next logon" in reset Password action has been provided.
- Filters have been introduced in library of reports for accurate results.
Reset password console
- A Quick visibility into User's account lock out status while trying to reset password from the reset password console.
- Option in Naming Formats to define replacement characters for 'umlaut accent' has been provided.
- Configuration for multiple domains in employee search.
- Export as PDF, excel, html and CSV options for results from 'employee search'.
- Options for attribute-based user/contact search have been improved.
- 'A HDT without permissions to generate a report can do so from the dashboard when report count is zero' issue has been fixed.
- Special characters issue in HDT role name has been fixed.
- Issue in restoring users when parent OU has been deleted is now fixed. Users will be restored in the 'users container'.
- Issue in clearing 'show in Address book attribute', when you uncheck hide from address lists option in single group modification has been fixed.
- UAC value issue while creating normal accounts through bulk user creation has been fixed.
Build 6110 (July 2013)
- The value selected by the technicians for 'Show Rows' option, in all the features that it
is available, will now be saved.
- Delete groups option is now available in 'Groups without Members' report also.
- 'OS Based Report' will now have the operating system of the customer environment
also in the OS list.
- Deleted computers showing up in computer selection pop-up windows issue is fixed.
- Distribution Groups created with '#' in their name throwing up 'Properties on this
object have invalid data' error when opened in Exchange Management Console is
- Mismatch in 'password expiry date' in Real Last Logon report for those users for
whom PSO has been applied is fixed.
- Reset Password feature will now display the new passwords generated as '**********'
instead of the actual passwords in the result.
- 'OU' option not working in the 'Advance Filter' of Real Last Logon report in IE
Compatibility mode is fixed now.
Build 6100 (June 2013)
- File Server Management: Manage the permissions on multiple File Servers and workstations across your organization in just one operation. This feature facilitates bulk modification and removal of NTFS or Share permissions on Shared Folders and their subfolders.
- Now you can also manage Active Directory 2012 (in Windows Server 2012) using ADManager Plus.
- This build also included support for Windows 8 platform.
- Remote PowerShell Support for Exchange 2010: Even from a 32-bit machine and with just PowerShell 2.0 you can now create mailboxes in Exchange 2010. You can accomplish this even if you do not have Exchange Management Console (EMC) installed on your 32-bit machine.
- Performance tuning for Exchange Management.
- Windows 8 and 2012 have been included in OS based Computer reports.
- Issue in using ‘Hide from Exchange Address Lists’ option for Groups has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching information about cross-domain members in ‘Detailed Group Members report’ has been fixed.
- Issue in setting/updating email address of users through a CSV file, if it is mentioned as empty in the template being used has been fixed.
- Error in exporting filtered (partial) results from reports has been fixed.
Build 6012 (February 2013)
- Mailbox Storage Limits specified using single user modification will be validated based on the version of mailbox Exchange Server.
- 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy' attribute will also be available in reports now.
- Instead of only the OUs from primary domain, OU's of all the selected domains will be displayed for 'Move Computers' option in computer reports.
- In Single Group Modification while adding new members, HDTs can now select Users, Computers as well as Contacts instead of only Groups.
- The complete value of Office attribute will be displayed as the tool-tip text in User Creation Template.
- Unable to select AD Objects issue to Delegate Security Role while using Internet Explorer 9 in Compatibility mode has been fixed.
- Select Country option not being saved issue in user creation template has been fixed.
Build 6010(February 2013)
- Date type columns will be exported as date fields while exporting to excel.
- Migration support for 6001 ,6002, 6003
- Issue in setting dial-in properties during user creation and modification has been fixed
- Active sync support issues post 6000 build have been fixed
- Exporting issues in group members report has been fixed
- Auditing issues for remove members operation is fixed
Builds 6003, 6002, 6001
This release refines 'Report Scheduler' to make it more efficient with the following enhancements:
- Flexible Schedule Execution Frequency: The enhanced scheduler provides more options to configure the execution time and frequency of scheduled reports with flexible time intervals such as yearly, quarterly, fortnightly, multiple days in a week, every 15 minutes, etc.
- You can now Disable Email Notifications for scheduled reports if the reports do not have any data in them.
- Filters are now available in scheduled reports as well (for Inactive and Password Expired Users reports) to make sure you get the specific and relevant data that you need.
- Blank attachments issue in email notification of scheduled reports with no data has been fixed.
- Product Installation issues on non-English Operating systems is fixed
- Active Directory Automation Policies: Automate any important Active Directory task and also its supplementary tasks, if any, in the required sequence and time intervals, as per your organizational requirement.
- 'Drag-n-Drop' User Modification Templates make user attributes modification a quick and instant process. These templates enable administrators in ensuring role based access for help desk technicians to user attributes, with just point-n-click activities.
- Rule based User Modification Templates can be used to specify 'auto-fill' conditions. When these templates are used for modifying user accounts, the specified attributes will be automatically populated based on the 'auto-fill' conditions in the templates.
- GPO Quick View & Manager: Web-based quick view of all available GPOs. Easy UI based GPO Manager for basic Group Policy management activities like Enable / Disable GPOs, GPO links and GPO Inheritance.
The 'Workflow' feature has been revamped with new capabilities like:
- Automatic Task Assigner: Define your own rules, as per your requirement, to automatically assign tasks to the most appropriate technicians.
- Product-specific Requester: You can now create a new requester out of any AD user, Group or OU or define a customized role (with permissions to create requests for a specific set of tasks) for the requester, as required, using ADManager Plus.
- Quick-link to create requests: Requesters can create requests for all the tasks that they have permissions for, from just one location.
- The 'IMAP4 setting not reflecting when modified through single user modification feature' issue has been fixed.
- 'streetAddress' attribute of user objects can store multiline values
- Reinforced security for ADManager Plus' database password by storing it in encrypted format.
- 'Recently Modified Users' report can now retrieve more than 1000 objects.
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 has been added to the options in the 'OS Based Report'.
- Approval notification email will be sent to executors, even if they are not specified in the workflow.
How to Upgrade?
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in ADManager Plus, we would love to hear. Click here to continue
ADManager Plus Features
|Make your everyday Active Directory management tasks easy and light with ADManager Plus's AD Management features. Create, modify and delete users in a few clicks!
||Reset password and set password propertied from a single web-based console, without compromising on the security of your AD! Delegate your password-reset powers to the helpdesk technicians too!
|A catalog of almost every report that you will need from your Active Directory! Comprehensive and Reliable reporting. Schedule reports to run periodically. Manage your AD right from within the reports.
||A mini Active Directory ticket-management and compliance toolkit right within ADManager Plus! Define a rigid yet flexible constitution for every task in your AD. Tighten the reins of your AD Security.
|Get rid of the inactive, obsolete and unwanted objects in your Active Directory to make it more secure and efficient...assisted by ADManager Plus's AD Cleanup capabilities.
||A complete automation of AD critical tasks such as user provisioning, inactive-user clean up etc. Also lets you sequence and execute follow-up tasks and blends with workflow to offer a brilliant controlled-automation.
"We evaluated ADManager Plus along with several other Active Directory Management and Reporting software. After using it really made life easy for administrators. It is very understandable and fast to learn, I didn't even read the manual."
Bogdan Campeanu, Network Engineer