ADManager Plus Release Notes
Build 6351 (Jan 2016)
Support for Windows 10: With this release, ADManager Plus extends support for Windows 10.
- Exclude nested groups from Group Members reports: You can now choose to generate Group Members reports of specific groups with only the members belonging to that particular group appearing in the reports (i.e. without nested group members).
- New time-based filters for reports: While generating time-bound reports including recently created groups, recently expired user accounts, and more, you can now easily specify the precise period for which you need the reports using options such as: today, yesterday, on a date, before a date, after a date, last "N" days, this week, this month
and custom period
- Issues fetching NTFS permissions for folders located in DFS environment.
- Error while modifying a user's Exchange mailbox server and store settings.
- Error while applying retention policy during user creation.
- While creating titles, departments, offices, and companies, duplicate values were being created if spaces were left after an entry.
- Inability to export "memberOf" attribute from a report to CSVDE format.
- Issues provisioning users in Office 365 while creating mail or mailbox enabled users in Active Directory.
- Issues applying email address policy while creating mail enabled groups.
Build 6341 (Dec 2015)
Skype for Business (Lync 2015) Management & Reporting: Besides Lync 2010 and 2013, you can now manage and report on user accounts in Lync 2015 / Skype for Business (SfB) as well. That is, right from ADManager Plus' console, you can now:
- Create SfB/Lync user accounts, along with all relevant settings / policies (Telephony, Conferencing policy, External access policy, etc.)
- Enable/Disable/Delete SfB or Lync user accounts
- Modify the SfB/Lync policies (Conferencing, Archiving, and Telephony) of specific users
- Identify all SfB/Lync enabled or disabled users via pre-defined reports
Manage AD User Photos: This feature enables you to manage the profile pictures of Active Directory users individually, as well as, in bulk, by allowing you to:
- upload new pictures
- crop existing pictures
- replace existing photos with different ones
- delete pictures
- Displaying users' AD attributes in Office 365 reports: Besides users' O365-specific attributes, the Office 365 reports now also display their important AD attributes such as SID, SAM Account Name, OU Name, Object GUID, etc.
- ADManager Plus now uses an upgraded version of Tomcat for enhanced reliability and security.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- Issues in adding cross-forest members while creating and modifying groups, in single and in bulk.
- Exporting 'users in groups' report to xlsx results in the downloaded file's name being cluttered with special characters.
- Product crashes while modifying the 'memberOf' attribute of users, if the DN of the group exceeds 260 characters.
- While trying to create Exchange mailbox, legacy mailbox gets created instead, if there are issues in establishing remote PowerShell session.
- Recovery mailbox database appears in Mailbox Store drop down list.
Build 6330 (Nov 2015)
- Shared Mailbox Creation and Modification features enable you to create and modify shared mailboxes in both, on-premise Exchange Server, as well as cloud-based Office 365, from a single console.
- Copy Technician feature allows you to copy all the settings (delegated roles, assigned templates, and the domains/OUs/groups that can be managed) of any help desk technician, and use those copied values to create a new technician; eliminates the need for creating a new one from scratch.
- Admin Audit Reports help in auditing all the changes made to a help desk technician or a help desk role's configuration, by listing all actions (creation, modification, and deletion) performed on it, along with details such as, who made the changes, the date and time at which they were performed, etc.
- Bulk Management of Help Desk Technicians: The Active Directory (AD) delegation feature now allows you to create and modify help desk technicians in bulk.
- Create new Help Desk Technicians in bulk, by delegating the required roles and OUs to all the relevant AD users, at once.
- Bulk Edit Technicians allows you to modify multiple help desk technicians (add/remove roles, templates, and OUs assigned to them) in one go, making management of help desk technicians easier and quicker.
- Export technicians and roles option allows you to export the details of all existing help desk roles and technicians to html, pdf, and excel formats.
- The issue of Office 365 license count not being shown correctly has been fixed.
- CSV import now supports the creation of computers and contacts in different OUs, as required, using 'ouName' as CSV header. (In previous versions, bulk creation of computers or contacts could only be done in one OU at a time.)
- Issues in bulk deletion of titles, departments, offices, and companies have been sorted.
- In Automation, custom attributes can also be imported via CSV files.
Build 6322 (Oct 2015)
Computers not in groups report helps you identify all the computers that do not belong to (not members of) any of the specified Active Directory groups.
- View common members of the specified groups - The 'detailed group members' report now features an option to list the members who are common (part of) to all the specified Active Directory groups. In other words, this option fetches all the users, groups, computers and contacts which are members of all the specified AD groups.
- Deleting AD users becomes more flexible - you can now locate and delete the desired AD user account using the 'single user modification' and 'AD Explorer' features too.
- New values appended to the Title, Department, Office and Company fields in AD will be automatically updated in ADManager Plus ( at 1:00 hrs everyday), and available for selection in the relevant user management features.
(If you wish to immediately update and use a new value for any of these fields immediately, you
can add the desired value manually in ADManager Plus's Admin tab.)
- While reviewing, approving or executing the user creation requests, in the workflow, the corresponding technicians can now change the template specified in the request to a ?different one, as needed.
- While assigning managers for AD objects, besides users it is now possible to select a group or a foreign security principal as well as managers.
- During bulk creation of new contacts, groups and computers, you can now set the values for their custom attributes as well.
- Option to personalize and rebrand ADManager Plus by replacing its logo with your organization's logo.
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Unable to delete users via the delete option in the 'disabled users report'.
- Domain name not being displayed in the 'permission for folder' report while selecting the required shared resource's path.
- Product crashes whenever a management action is performed on users with a lengthy DN (>250 characters).
- Proxy addresses and extension (custom) attributes of users and groups not being displayed in Exchange reports.
- The 'check all' option not working as desired in the 'inactive users report'.
- Issues in 'permissions for folders report': not being able to type the shared folder path, and unable to generate this report for a custom level (number of folder levels).
- Error in adding proxy address in formats other than SMTP, such a X.400, X.500, etc., during creation or modification of AD users, groups and contacts.
- Help desk technicians not being able to configure the delegated fields while creating new contacts via bulk contact creation.
- The necessity to use the same password format for all the users while creating new users via the bulk user creation feature (you can now specify different password formats for different users).
- Error in configuring Google Apps accounts.
Build 6310 (Jul 2015)
- Grant 'Send As' permission to Active Directory (AD) users during user creation and modification: You can now set the 'Send As' permission for users right during their onboarding process, in single or in bulk, using the new option added to the single and bulk user creation features; you can configure the 'Send As' permission for existing users too using the single user modification feature.
Flexible CSV-based modification of AD objects:The CSV import feature has been enhanced by adding the following options to offer more flexibility for modifying AD objects:
- For multi-valued attributes: you can choose to either append the values specified in the CSV file to the attributes' existing values in AD, or overwrite their existing AD values with the values specified in the CSV file.
- If the value of an attribute in the CSV file is empty, you can now choose to either clear the attribute's existing value in AD, or retain its current value in AD, as per your need.
- Bulk modification of user creation templates: This option allows you to make the desired changes to multiple user creation templates at once. For example, consider the case where you wish to standardize the naming format for the logon name in a specific set of templates. Instead of modifying the relevant templates one after the other, you can set the desired naming format in all the relevant templates in a single action, using this option.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- Issue in configuring the 'Enhanced Presence' setting for users in LCS/OCS
- Error in exporting report data to XLSX format if the report contains date-related fields
- 'User Forum' link in the Support tab not being visible after enabling SSL
- Error when a help desk technician tries to add AD users/computers to groups
Build 6300 (May 2015)
OU (organizational unit) Management provides the ability to perform the following tasks via ADManager Plus:
- Create OUs
- Modify OUs
- Move OUs
- Delete OUs
OU management also offers:
- Bulk creation and management of OUs via CSV import
- Customizable OU creation templates which allow you to fine tune the OU creation process to exactly meet your organizational demands
- The ability to create a new parent OU, and then create the required OUs inside it.
Report from CSV: This report helps in viewing the Active Directory information of existing user and computer accounts. You can import the list of desired users and computers from a CSV file into ADManager Plus, which then extracts and displays the Active Directory details of those accounts.
This report also features an option to refine its result based on specific attributes mentioned in the CSV file; you can also customize the report by choosing the specific fields (columns) that you wish to view in the result.
Exchange ActiveSync Policy Management allows you to assign the appropriate ActiveSync policies for users, right while creating new accounts for them in Active Directory and MS Exchange Server. You can apply the ActiveSync policies while creating new user accounts in single and also in bulk.
Exchange Archive (online and on-premise) Management offers the flexibility to create archive mailboxes for users either on the cloud or on premises. Using this feature you can create archive mailboxes for users simultaneously while creating their Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes; you can also enable archiving for those users who already have Exchange mailboxes.
ADManager Plus now automatically synchronizes itself with the details of OUs and contact objects that are created or modified in Active Directory. This synchronization happens periodically throughout the day. Whenever needed, you can also manually synchronize the details of:
- All new and modified OUs and contact objects in Active Directory using the update dashboard (in Dashboard) and update domain objects (in Domain Settings) options.
- Only the modified/updated OUs and contact objects in Active Directory using the refresh option (in Select Container popup window while selecting the OUs for management and reporting).
Active Directory reporting has been enhanced with:
- Addition of: add to group, remove from group and move objects, to the list of management tasks that can be performed from reports, via the 'More Actions' option present in them.
- A revamped UI (layout) in reports for viewing the report results (objects fetched by the report)
- Performance improvements for faster report generation
The report scheduler features a 'Run Now' option to allow ad-hoc execution of any existing report schedule.
- HttpOnly setting has been enabled to fix security vulnerabilities.
- Database cleanup issue is now fixed.
- Issue in applying Exchange mailbox retention policy has been corrected.
- SSL v3 has been disabled to guard against security vulnerabilities.
- Issue in displaying entries under Titles and Departments (located in Admin Tab) in sorted order while adding new entries to the list is now fixed.
- Reports will now be adjusted (resized) to printable format while exporting them.
- Group members report's group selection popup window now allows removal of all the selected groups at once.
Build 6290, 6291, 6292 (Apr 2015)
Filters in Report Scheduler:
ADManager Plus now offers filters using which you can customize the Active Directory reports exactly as per your needs, while scheduling them.
- Intensifies security with fixes for security vulnerabilities by updating its JRE (Java Runtime Environment) to v1.7
- Offers greater flexibility in selecting the objects to be managed via Automation by adding more attributes/fields to the filters in its report library
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Headers are repeated for every 5000 rows while exporting the reports to CSV format
The first sheet has 5000 rows and the subsequent sheets have only 150 rows each when reports are exporte to XLS format
- While a request is created through Workflow/Automation for bulk user creation via CSV, user details are not displayed in the 'view objects' link in the request if template name is mentioned in the CSV file
- Helpdesk technicians are not able to unlock user accounts that are locked out
- ADManager Plus mobile app displays locked out user accounts also as not locked (lockout status: false)
Build 6281 (Feb 2015)
Office 365 License Management helps you assign, replace or remove the licenses of multiple AD users who are enrolled in Office 365, in one single action. Further, to make it easy for you to specify the users whose licenses have to be modified, this feature provides an option to import the list of users from a CSV file.
Copy AD Group feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any group in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- Distribution or Security group in AD, or
- Group creation template
This feature also gives you the option of copying either all the attributes or only specific attributes such as the container, group type/scope, memberOf, members, etc., from the desired group.
LDAPS Support which allows you to communicate securely with the Active Directory.
- Reinforced security: This release fortifies the protective mechanism with a fix to guard against the CSRF vulnerability.
- Additional input field types for Custom Attributes: To simplify the specification of values for custom attributes, you can now pick the most appropriate input field type from the new options such as combo box, editable combo box and date picker.
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to logon using the password obtained through random password generation.
- Helpdesk technicians' description getting replaced with the description mentioned in AD.
- Error in generating the Licensed O365 users report.
- Not being able to view all the configured File Servers in File Server management.
- Error when using %sAMAccountName% as SIP URI format for Lync enabled users.
Build 6270 (Dec 2014)
'Reactive' Group Modification Template: These templates help you standardize the process of modifying AD groups and also automatically populate specific attributes during the single group modification process via:
- Customizable Layout: With simple 'drag-n-drop' actions, you can place only the desired attributes in the templates; you can also make any attribute editable, read-only or hidden during the modification process. With customized templates, you can provide role-based access to helpdesk technicians for modifying AD groups
- Reactive modification rules: You can configure conditions to be checked whenever an AD group is modified and auto-update specific attributes, if the conditions are satisfied. These rules are triggered in the background whenever a group is modified and the specified fields are automatically populated with appropriate values.
- Cross-domain support in single group creation and modification - you can now add users and also contacts from different domains as members of a group; also, you can now add contacts to groups via single group creation and modification.
- Reset computer accounts feature - to help you reset the passwords of computers that cannot connect to the domain as they cannot be authenticated by the domain controller
- Multiple group selection in 'Users not in groups' report - you can now select multiple groups while specifying the ones based on which this report has to be generated; fetches all the users who are not members of any of the specified groups
- Enhanced random password generator - the password policy now offers advanced options like exclude characters, dictionary words, etc. for more efficient and secure password policy generation, in compliance with the organization's password policy
- Users with empty attributes report now brings custom user attributes also under is scope; will now fetch users even if their custom attribute is empty
- Enhanced error indicators for failed CSV-import operations now offer detailed error messages for greater understanding about the reason for the error.
- While performing single user modification, you can now sort the list of users displayed alphabetically, to locate the desired user without much effort.
- The AD objects search, located inside the product, now lists the objects in the search result in alphabetical order.
This release has fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to disable and move user accounts via automation.
- Issues in helpdesk technicians not being able to unlock user accounts via the reset password console.
- Not displaying the names of requesters (users) who are not helpdesk technicians, while configuring the assigning rules
- Issues in updating the 'Country' attribute of users in AD via bulk user modification
- Product does not start when Java crashes due to 'out of memory'
- 'No Lync server found' message being displayed in the user creation templates randomly
Highlights of Previous Releases
Build 6260 (Nov 2014)
Inactive Office 365 users report: This report lists all the Office 365 users who have not accessed their Exchange Online mailboxes during the specified time period.
CSV-based computer modification: This feature helps you modify the attributes of Active Directory computers, in bulk, by importing a CSV file which has the list of computers and their attributes to be modified.
Computers with duplicate attributes report: This report displays all the computers which have duplicate values for the specified attribute.
OS filter in OS-based computers report: While selecting the operating systems to generate the OS-based computers report, you can use this filter to view the list of only the server operating systems or all the operating systems (server as well as client versions) used in the organization.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- Issue in setting the Dial-in attribute's value for AD users via single user modification
- Names of objects modified via bulk user modification feature (using a CSV file) not being displayed in helpdesk audit reports
- Issue in selecting the required domains for generating the photo-based users report
Build 6250 (Oct 2014)
Exclude Child OUs filter: For AD management/reporting tasks, this filter allows you to precisely select the particular OUs only in which the specified management/reporting tasks have to be executed, by allowing you to exclude their child OUs from being modified/affected by the task.
'Remove users/computers from all groups' option: While pruning the group membership of user and computer objects, you don't have to go through each group that they are members of, to remove them from the irrelevant groups. Using this option, you can simply remove the desired users/computers from all the groups that they are currently members of, and then add them only to the relevant groups.
Copy Help Desk Role: You can use this feature to create a new helpdesk role by just copying the settings of an existing helpdesk role. Instead of creating a new role from the scratch, this feature allows you to use any existing role as a building block for creating a new role.
Delegation of File Server management tasks: The delegation module brings file server management also under its scope. You can now delegate to helpdesk technicians, the task of modifying or removing the share/NTFS permissions that AD users and groups have on the file servers located in your Active Directory.
- In automation, issue in removing a filter criterion when the value contains special characters has been fixed.
- Helpdesk technicians not being able to change admin passwords which contain special characters has been fixed.
- When applying custom templates, issue in providing a longer user logon name, like a logon name consisting of 20 characters, is now fixed.
- Issue of helpdesk technicians, with super-admin privilege, not being able to access the support tab is now rectified.
- Custom attributes now support multi-value proxyAddresses in single and bulk user creation as well as single user modification.
- Issues in exporting scheduled report to Excel is now fixed
- Issue in denying the 'set as primary group' option during single user creation and single user modification is now fixed.
- Issue in automatic selection of mailbox servers is fixed; this option is now available for Exchange Server versions 2010 and later.
- Changes to domain name not reflecting in the Exchange tab during single user creation is now fixed
- Performance issues in single user modification have been rectified
Build 6241 (Aug 2014)
Google Apps User Provisioning: You can now provision Google Apps user accounts, automatically, via ADManager Plus. Along with the existing Office 365 user creation ability, this feature makes it easy to manage the users' identities in the cloud.
BitLocker Recovery Keys Report: This report helps in unlocking or recovering data from the drives, which are protected by BitLocker encryption, by fetching their corresponding volume and recovery GUIDs, recovery passwords and also their Key Packages in downloadable format.
Photo-based User Report: This report helps you identify the Active Directory users who have a profile photo. This report also helps you zero in on the users who don't have a profile photo.
- Issue in displaying the default domain during group management operations has been fixed.
- Issue in execution of automation when new files are added to a shared location, which is already being used is fixed now.
- Empty reports issue in scheduled generation of audit reports is now fixed.
- Issue in generating computer reports from MSSQL database has been fixed.
- Issue in removing a distribution group during contact modification is fixed now.
Build 6230 (Jul 2014)
Office 365 Reports:You can now obtain vital details about all the users, groups and licenses of your Office 365 environment using the following new reports:
- All Users: This report gives you the list of all the users in your Office 365 setup.
- License Details: License-specific information such as the list of all licenses, the corresponding number of active units, number of units used, number of units in warning state, suspended units, locked out units, etc. can be obtained via this report.
- Licensed Users: This report lists all the users for whom Office 365 licenses have been assigned, along with the respective list of services assigned to them.
- Unlicensed Users: Using this report you can identify the list of all users who do not have any license assigned to them.
- All Groups: You can fetch the list of all the groups in your Office 365 environment.
- Security Groups: This report helps you identify all the security groups in Office 365 setup along with their last DirSyn time.
- Distribution Groups: This report lists all the distribution groups in your Office 365 setup along with their last DirSync time.
- Issue in opening an exported CSV file, which has Japanese characters, using Japanese version of Excel is fixed.
- Office 365 user attributes have been updated to include the latest changes introduced by Microsoft.
- Issues in applying multiple rules in user modification templates have been fixed.
- Issue in creating a user with more than one proxy address, when Office 365 settings are configured, has been fixed.
- HTML injection vulnerability has been fixed.
- When ADManager Plus is started as a service, the issue of browser process not stopping even after ADManager Plus service is stopped, has been fixed.
- Incorrect account expiry date issue in bulk user modification is corrected.
- Issue in displaying the 'date' field in Excel format has been fixed.
- Issue of 'Reject Message from' value getting changed, when the members attribute of a group is modified, via single group modification, is fixed now.
- Error in saving the user template after deleting the Exchange tab, if Office 365 is enabled in ADManager Plus, has been corrected.
- Issue in selecting OU in 'Real Last Logon' report is now fixed.
Build 6220 (Jun 2014)
Copy User: This feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any user account in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- User account
- User creation template
The advantage of this feature is, instead of copying a user account entirely, this feature allows you to pick and choose only specific attributes like User Account Control (UAC) attributes, Terminal Services attributes, Custom attributes, etc., that you wish to copy from a user account.
New group-based reports: Active Directory group reporting gets more detailed with the addition of these new reports:
- Recently created groups: fetches all the groups that were created during the specified time frame.
- Recently modified groups: lists all the groups whose attributes were modified within a particular time period.
- Recently deleted groups: identifies all the groups that were deleted from your Active Directory within a specific time span.
- The 'license details' window will now display the product architecture (64/32 bit) information also.
- In bulk user management, if the 'export as' option is used after performing a task/action, the report will also display the type of action performed, in addition to other details like the domain and the objects modified.
- he 'export as' option in Employee Search page can now be hidden by configuring the product database accordingly.
- The naming attributes (Logon name, Pre-windows logon name and Full name) can also be made silently active.
Build 6210 (May 2014)
- Option to customize columns at the time of report scheduling and sort the reports using specific columns included
- Support added for using Microsoft SQL server as a back end database server for ADManager Plus
- NTFS report enhanced to handle large volume of data at the time of exporting
- Issue in deleting memberOf attribute from Group Modification fixed
- Issue in revoking a role under Security Management handled
- Issue in listing C Drive in terminal services home directory resolved
- Issue in increase in db size at the time of report generation fixed
- Issue with change in Logon name at the time of creating an Office 365 user account resolved
Build 6201 (May 2014)
- Issue in appearance of list of week days, at the time of report scheduling handled
- Issue in full name containing special character, at the time of creating a home folder in single user creation, corrected.
- Issue in duplication of row at the time of exporting a report fixed.
Build 6200 (April 2014)
MS Office 365 Support
- Support added for provisioning of user accounts in Microsoft Office 365.
Lync Management and Reporting
- You can now modify policies such as conferencing, archiving and telephony, associated with a specific Lync User.
- Option to enable, disable or delete a user from the Lync Server control panel included.
- Reports for Lync Enabled as well as LCS or OCS enabled users included.
- Reporting capabilities added for Lync disabled users.
Exchange Policy Settings
- You can now apply Exchange 2010/2013 policy settings such as sharing, role assignment, retention, UM Policy and policies on ActiveSync to appropriate mailboxes.
- Option to enable mailbox archiving.
- Enhanced support for localization and internationalization.
- Exchange features enhanced to support enabling and disabling of ActiveSync (2010,2013) / User Initiated Synchronization(2003) and MAPI Protocol.
- Multiple 'OS selection' enabled under OS based reports.
- Reset Password option under Bulk User Modification enhanced. Separate delegation included for actions under the same.
- Delegated actions under 'Bulk User Modification' will hence be displayed based on the domain selection.
- Single User Modification templates enhanced to include 'Home Folder' Permissions
- Option to set custom attributes included under modification rules for 'Single user' and 'Single Contact' modification
- Language settings for the product can now be configured in 'Personalize' Page.
- Issue in setting custom period at the time of scheduling audit reports fixed.
- Issue in handling special characters at the time of displaying object properties in AD Explorer corrected.
- Issue in clearing 'memberOf' attribute, post unchecking it in Bulk User Modification resolved.
- Issue in user identification at the time of modifying 'Deliver' options in Bulk User Modification handled.
- In 'Permission for folders' report, issue in selecting a computer object under an OU name containing special characters corrected.
- Issue at the time of creating a department fixed. Leading white space trimmed.
- Issue in using 'Random Password' type in custom script resolved.
- Issue in creating groups with pre windows 2000 name greater than 20 characters fixed.
- Issue in naming reports, exported in XLS format corrected.
- Issue in displaying groups at the time of domain change resolved.
Build 6180 (March 2014)
- Logon Hours Configuration: This new option in single user creation feature enables you to specify the appropriate time period for a user to login. You can configure the 'logon hours' attribute at the time of creating a new user account.
- Enhanced data selection popups: You can now select the number of accounts to be showed in the pop-ups & display the matching objects even as you type the name in the search box. With this new feature, selecting required accounts for any management or reporting operation will be easier and more convenient.
- Improved delivery restriction feature, in bulk user modification, now allows you to set the desired size limit for sending or receiving emails either in KB or MB, as required.
- Issue in viewing the 'users in groups' report in Excel 2013 format, has been addressed
- Issue with Help desk technicians enabling/disabling users via 'single user modification' in specific scenarios resolved
- Issue in creating mail enabled users in non-English Exchange environment handled.
- Naming format fields sometimes not being displayed as per the specified naming-format at the time of new user creation has been corrected
Build 6170 (January 2014)
- Logon Hours Configuration: Set/modify the desired logon hours for your users, in bulk, by just pointing and clicking on the required time slots in the user-interface. You can even specify unique logon hours for each day of the week or set the same logon hours for all days, instantly.
- Enriched HDT Audit Reports: The HDT audit reports now also provide in-depth information about all the attributes that are modified by the helpdesk technicians, in two different views: the standard view and the summary view. While the standard view offers complete details about each and every attribute modified, the summary view provides a high level view of the actions performed.
- Manage Users' Group Membership via iPhone App: This new feature empowers you to manage the group memberships of your users from anywhere, anytime. Using the enhanced iPhone app, you can now add users to group, remove them from a group and even set primary groups for multiple users, at one go, even when you are on the move, right from your mobile phones.
- Manager Can Update Group members Option included in Group Modification with that Option.
- Hide / Display Password option included in Admin server settings.
- 'Move home folder' feature significantly enhanced to include an option to either delete or retain the existing home folder.
- Issue in Real last logon and Inactive Users report generation due to high number of DCs addressed.
- Issue in Modifying the Account Expiry Time resolved.
- Problems with selection of child OUs with special characters in IE handled.
- Issue in removing the description of computer object handled.
- Issue in modifying a user's primary group using mobile app has been fixed.
- Issue of difference in time at the time of exporting 'Inactive users' report corrected.
- Fixed issues in copying User Modification Templates with modification rules.
- Issue in Email validation at the time of saving scheduled reports cleared.
- Creating Groups with more than 20 characters made possible.
- Lync Server display issue fixed.
- employeeID attribute can now be used to disable users through Automation.
- Issue in Server Permission Report generation resolved.
Build 6151 (October 2013) & Service Pack 6.1 SP 6.2 (January 2014)
- Lync 2010/2013 support: With this new component of ADManager Plus's user creation templates, you can configure all the appropriate Lync server settings for your users even as you create new accounts for them. While Lync makes intra-organizational communication swift, the new user creation templates make even the process of configuring / enabling intra-organizational communication equally swift.
- Exchange Server 2013 support: You can now configure user mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013 and apply the appropriate mailbox policies required to govern them as well; use all the latest features and advantages innate to Exchange 2013 and make your Exchange mailbox management efficient and top of the line.
- 'Drag-n-Drop' Customization in user creation templates to fine tune the process of creating new user accounts to fit your organizational policies and requirements to a T; make any attribute mandatory, read-only or even hidden as per your needs or based on the technician to whom you will be assigning the user creation template.
- LCS/OCS/Lync configuration in user creation template: The user creation console will now have a separate tab exclusively to configure all the appropriate settings to enable instant communication in your organization. This feature will enable you to specify the appropriate value for LCS/OCS and even Lync Server settings from the same screen.
- Exchange 2010 Policies Support: You can now configure Exchange mailboxes for the new user accounts that you are provisioning and also apply the appropriate policies at the same time using this feature.
- Revamped 'Avoid Duplication' feature to check for duplication of critical/specific attributes at the desired level (OU / Domain /Forest) and perform the appropriate operation to avoid duplicate values.
- Enhancements in 'User Modification Templates':
- Updates to organization attributes (Title, Department, Offices and Companies) in 'Admin' tab will reflect in user modification templates that have been already created.
- 'Member Of' attribute has been added to 'Modification Rules' component in user modification templates.
- Delete users' existing group membership information during the modification process.
- Unlock user accounts via templates during user modification process.
- Recursive naming formats will now be supported in users' description and custom attributes.
- Execute a custom script on successful modification of a user account.
- Move users' to a different container during user modification process.
- Polish characters not exported in PDF format.
- Additional email address attribute in 'group creation template'.
- Hiding the new password generated during single user modification.
- Issues in Cleanup scheduler.
- Issues in authorizing HDTs for 'Move Home Folder' action.
Highlights of Previous Releases
ADManager Plus announces iPhone app for Active Directory User Management.
The App enables on the move management of Active Directory user accounts. The iPhone App provides some of the crucial & important functionalities offered by the product itself, such as :
- Password resets
- Unlocking user accounts
- Disabling accounts
- Enabling accounts
- Deleting accounts
You can download the App using this link: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/manageengine-admanager-plus/id717152869?mt=8.
Build 6140 (September 2013)
- The scheduler has been enhanced to accommodate more accurate time frequencies.
- 'Select only the appended objects from the file’ option has been added to help choose only the appended data while importing records through iterations from a CSV.
- Filters in AD reports have been enhanced to drill down to the specifics of reported data; Reports can now be filtered based on attributes such as Primary Group, WhenChanged, whenCreated, DisplayName, Account Expires, Bad Password Time, Lockout Time, Last Logon Time, Last Logon Timestamp, Bad Pwd count, and Pwd status.
- Issue in setting “Deny” permissions over a mailbox during Bulk User Modification has been fixed.
- Issue in creating Mailbox on Exchange Server 2007 when installed on Windows server 2012 has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying primary SMTP address has been fixed; the primary mail address in the additional mail address list will now be replaced with the newly modified address.
- Issue in using configured custom attribute in CSV while creating or modifying users via automation has been fixed.
Build 6131 (August 2013)
- ADManager Plus Android App enables your Active Directory Administrators and Helpdesk Technicians to Access/Manage the user accounts in your Active Directory environment right from their mobile devices. Some of the major features are,
- Reset Password
- Unlock User Accounts
- Enable User Accounts
- Disable User Accounts
- Delete User Accounts
- ADManager Plus Group Templates standardize the group creation process. These templates store values and formats that are applied automatically across all the group objects that are created using these templates.
- The drag-and-drop option in Group Creation Templates helps customize templates as per organizational needs to display or hide the specific tabs or attributes as required.
- The UI for Single group creation is now more flexible and user friendly with the fields categorized under General, Group and Exchange tabs.
- 'Managed by' field added to single group creation can be used to designate managers for the groups.
- Issues in configuring HDT, when many templates, OUs and roles are assigned to him, have been fixed.
- Issue in importing 'UTF-8' format files in Automation and Workflow during user creation/modification (using CSVs) has been fixed.
- Browser issue (IE) that occurs when the number of objects chosen in 'delegate security role-step 1' is huge, has been fixed.
- The resultant page that occurs after 'user creation using CSV' will no longer have export option issues in Firefox.
- Local groups will no longer be displayed in the 'add members' options under Universal distribution group creation/modification.
Build 6120 (July 2013)
- The actions list has been enhanced. Modify Users by CSV, Add To Group, Remove From Group actions have now been added.
- Option to enforce "user must change password at next logon" in reset Password action has been provided.
- Filters have been introduced in library of reports for accurate results.
Reset password console
- A Quick visibility into User's account lock out status while trying to reset password from the reset password console.
- Option in Naming Formats to define replacement characters for 'umlaut accent' has been provided.
- Configuration for multiple domains in employee search.
- Export as PDF, excel, html and CSV options for results from 'employee search'.
- Options for attribute-based user/contact search have been improved.
- 'A HDT without permissions to generate a report can do so from the dashboard when report count is zero' issue has been fixed.
- Special characters issue in HDT role name has been fixed.
- Issue in restoring users when parent OU has been deleted is now fixed. Users will be restored in the 'users container'.
- Issue in clearing 'show in Address book attribute', when you uncheck hide from address lists option in single group modification has been fixed.
- UAC value issue while creating normal accounts through bulk user creation has been fixed.
Build 6110 (July 2013)
- The value selected by the technicians for 'Show Rows' option, in all the features that it
is available, will now be saved.
- Delete groups option is now available in 'Groups without Members' report also.
- 'OS Based Report' will now have the operating system of the customer environment
also in the OS list.
- Deleted computers showing up in computer selection pop-up windows issue is fixed.
- Distribution Groups created with '#' in their name throwing up 'Properties on this
object have invalid data' error when opened in Exchange Management Console is
- Mismatch in 'password expiry date' in Real Last Logon report for those users for
whom PSO has been applied is fixed.
- Reset Password feature will now display the new passwords generated as '**********'
instead of the actual passwords in the result.
- 'OU' option not working in the 'Advance Filter' of Real Last Logon report in IE
Compatibility mode is fixed now.
Build 6100 (June 2013)
- File Server Management: Manage the permissions on multiple File Servers and workstations across your organization in just one operation. This feature facilitates bulk modification and removal of NTFS or Share permissions on Shared Folders and their subfolders.
- Now you can also manage Active Directory 2012 (in Windows Server 2012) using ADManager Plus.
- This build also included support for Windows 8 platform.
- Remote PowerShell Support for Exchange 2010: Even from a 32-bit machine and with just PowerShell 2.0 you can now create mailboxes in Exchange 2010. You can accomplish this even if you do not have Exchange Management Console (EMC) installed on your 32-bit machine.
- Performance tuning for Exchange Management.
- Windows 8 and 2012 have been included in OS based Computer reports.
- Issue in using 'Hide from Exchange Address Lists’ option for Groups has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching information about cross-domain members in 'Detailed Group Members report’ has been fixed.
- Issue in setting/updating email address of users through a CSV file, if it is mentioned as empty in the template being used has been fixed.
- Error in exporting filtered (partial) results from reports has been fixed.
Build 6012 (February 2013)
- Mailbox Storage Limits specified using single user modification will be validated based on the version of mailbox Exchange Server.
- 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy' attribute will also be available in reports now.
- Instead of only the OUs from primary domain, OU's of all the selected domains will be displayed for 'Move Computers' option in computer reports.
- In Single Group Modification while adding new members, HDTs can now select Users, Computers as well as Contacts instead of only Groups.
- The complete value of Office attribute will be displayed as the tool-tip text in User Creation Template.
- Unable to select AD Objects issue to Delegate Security Role while using Internet Explorer 9 in Compatibility mode has been fixed.
- Select Country option not being saved issue in user creation template has been fixed.
Build 6010(February 2013)
- Date type columns will be exported as date fields while exporting to excel.
- Migration support for 6001 ,6002, 6003
- Issue in setting dial-in properties during user creation and modification has been fixed
- Active sync support issues post 6000 build have been fixed
- Exporting issues in group members report has been fixed
- Auditing issues for remove members operation is fixed
Builds 6003, 6002, 6001
This release refines 'Report Scheduler' to make it more efficient with the following enhancements:
- Flexible Schedule Execution Frequency: The enhanced scheduler provides more options to configure the execution time and frequency of scheduled reports with flexible time intervals such as yearly, quarterly, fortnightly, multiple days in a week, every 15 minutes, etc.
- You can now Disable Email Notifications for scheduled reports if the reports do not have any data in them.
- Filters are now available in scheduled reports as well (for Inactive and Password Expired Users reports) to make sure you get the specific and relevant data that you need.
- Blank attachments issue in email notification of scheduled reports with no data has been fixed.
- Product Installation issues on non-English Operating systems is fixed
- Active Directory Automation Policies: Automate any important Active Directory task and also its supplementary tasks, if any, in the required sequence and time intervals, as per your organizational requirement.
- 'Drag-n-Drop' User Modification Templates make user attributes modification a quick and instant process. These templates enable administrators in ensuring role based access for help desk technicians to user attributes, with just point-n-click activities.
- Rule based User Modification Templates can be used to specify 'auto-fill' conditions. When these templates are used for modifying user accounts, the specified attributes will be automatically populated based on the 'auto-fill' conditions in the templates.
- GPO Quick View & Manager: Web-based quick view of all available GPOs. Easy UI based GPO Manager for basic Group Policy management activities like Enable / Disable GPOs, GPO links and GPO Inheritance.
The 'Workflow' feature has been revamped with new capabilities like:
- Automatic Task Assigner: Define your own rules, as per your requirement, to automatically assign tasks to the most appropriate technicians.
- Product-specific Requester: You can now create a new requester out of any AD user, Group or OU or define a customized role (with permissions to create requests for a specific set of tasks) for the requester, as required, using ADManager Plus.
- Quick-link to create requests: Requesters can create requests for all the tasks that they have permissions for, from just one location.
- The 'IMAP4 setting not reflecting when modified through single user modification feature' issue has been fixed.
- 'streetAddress' attribute of user objects can store multiline values
- Reinforced security for ADManager Plus' database password by storing it in encrypted format.
- 'Recently Modified Users' report can now retrieve more than 1000 objects.
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 has been added to the options in the 'OS Based Report'.
- Approval notification email will be sent to executors, even if they are not specified in the workflow.
How to Upgrade?
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in ADManager Plus, we would love to hear. Click here to continue
ADManager Plus Features
Make your everyday Active Directory management tasks easy and light with ADManager Plus's AD Management features. Create, modify and delete users in a few clicks!
Reset password and set password propertied from a single web-based console, without compromising on the security of your AD! Delegate your password-reset powers to the helpdesk technicians too!
A catalog of almost every report that you will need from your Active Directory! Comprehensive and Reliable reporting. Schedule reports to run periodically. Manage your AD right from within the reports.
A mini Active Directory ticket-management and compliance toolkit right within ADManager Plus! Define a rigid yet flexible constitution for every task in your AD. Tighten the reins of your AD Security.
Get rid of the inactive, obsolete and unwanted objects in your Active Directory to make it more secure and efficient...assisted by ADManager Plus's AD Cleanup capabilities.
A complete automation of AD critical tasks such as user provisioning, inactive-user clean up etc. Also lets you sequence and execute follow-up tasks and blends with workflow to offer a brilliant controlled-automation.