README for Desktop Central 8
Enhancements & Bug fixes between Build 70200 and 80000
- Support for MSSQL has been introduced.
- On demand actions are enhanced with long live TCP connections
- Automatic Synchronization of computers in the Active Directory and the SoM has been included to detect the deleted and newly added computers.
- Service startup issue in Distribution server has been fixed.
- Option to specify the DNS name along with the IP address of the Distribution Server while creating a remote office has been included.
- Moving Desktop Central installation from one computer to another has been made easy by providing details of the new computer in the user interface.
- IP Scope is introduced to automatically change the agents settings of a client computer from a remote office to the contact the correct Desktop Central Server.
- SoM page has been enhanced to include Agent installation, Uninstallation and Last Upgraded time .
- Images attached with the Help desk tickets raised from the Agent tray icons are made configurable.
- Windows 7 (X 86 and X 64)service pack 1 and windows 2008 R2(X64) service pack 1 are supported.
- Agent recreation with no change in agent properties issue has been fixed.
- Application error in dcconfig.exe during user logoff has been fixed.
- Issue in remote control service getting crashed while closing remote control session has been fixed.
- Blank screen issue while taking screen shots from agent tray icon has been fixed.
- Support for user environment variables in custom script is introduced.
- Show Deployment Progress and Skip Deployment Options are introduced in Install/Uninstall Software configuration.
- Configurations deployed to an OU or Active Directory will automatically be deployed to computers newly added in the OU or Active Directory.
- Options to exclude USB devices with Device Instance ID has been introduced.
- Options to exclude computers based on processors has been included.
- Options to save an existing configuration as new configuration has been included.
- Deploy Immediately has been included for Computer Configurations.
- Apply Always option has been included for Power Management, Shared Network Printers, File Folder Operations, Services, Firewall and Permission Management Configurations.
- File Folder Configuration is enhanced to copy files through HTTP across WAN.
- Automatic updates for Adobe Reader, Adobe Shockwave, Java and Microsoft Reboot notification can be disabled on selected computers.
- Install during start up issue has been fixed.
- Templates for Software, Patches and Service pack Deployment can now be saved and loaded with the deployment options like deployment time, Reboot policies etc.
- Issue in displaying the wrong execution status for Patch or Configuration which are not applicable to one or more computers has been fixed.
- Issue in Order of Deploying Configurations as a collection has been fixed.
- Issue in User configurations when multiple users login to a computer has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying the correct updated time in the execution status view of the configuration has been fixed
- Issue in applying configurations has been fixed.
- Issue in adding target computers/users from remote office whose name exceeds 50 characters has been fixed.
- Automated patch deployment has been enhanced to improve performance.
- In downloaded patches, All supported patches, and Latest Patch Views options are included to mark patches as Approved, Declined etc,
- Memory usage during patch deployment has been optimized.
- Option to download a patch again in download patch view has been added.
- Option to schedule an automatic patch deployment on a specific day of a week or a month is added.
- Issue in showing the managed computers in the scan systems and all the managed systems has been fixed.
- Issue in automatic patch deployment has been fixed
- Issue in showing wrong start time in the email notification of automated patch deployment has been fixed.
- Issue in patch deployment status a s reboot pending has been fixed.
- Issue in Patch download due to transaction timeout has been fixed.
- Issue in retrying automatic patch deployment task has been fixed.
- HTTP Software repository location for packages in software deployment can be changed.
- Issue in deleting software installable from the client computers after software installation has been fixed.
- Issue in listing folders with special characters in the network browser has been fixed.
- Software Metering feature is introduced to list the usage of selected applications.
- Inventory Alerts Notifications has been enhanced to customize the alert messages.
- Software License Management has been enhanced with the ability to include multiple licenses and to associate license with a resource.
- Automatic retrieval of warranty information for Lenovo, Dell, HP and Toshiba computers has been included.
- Disk usage report has been enhanced with Drive specific usage statics.
- Software metering has been optimized to address performance issues.
- Option to disable software metering has been included.
- A new report to list computers by services is introduced.
- SM Bois reported version details are included in Inventory, Computer hardware details.
- Issue in high memory usage in software metering has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching Microsoft Office 2010 product key has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying details of the software name containing '&' has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying the hard disk details of computers running non -English version of windows OS has been fixed.
- The warning on every logon for Prohibited software which are waiting for administrator's approval issue has been fixed.
- Video recording facility of the remote session has been introduced.
- Remote Control initiated computer's IP audit is introduced in Action Log Viewer.
- Administrator can configure the color quality of the Remote Connections to optimize the bandwidth.
- Support for viewing User Access Control dialogs of the remote computers has been included for Windows Vista and Windows 7 OS.
- History of remote connections established using Desktop Central with the duration of each sessions are introduced.
- Option to connect remotely in "View Only Mode" is introduced.
- Option to make User confirmation permanent has been included.
- Issue in connecting remote computer with multiple IP address has been fixed.
- Support for capturing/rendering transparent windows in remote control has been included.
- Issue in establishing remote connections from Inventory and Patch views has been fixed.
- Issue in talking remote control of Windows 2003 Server that has an active Remote Desktop Connection has been fixed.
- Scheduled report is a new feature that enables to receive, query reports, predefined reports and custom reports in specific formats at any specific time.
- Issue in sending test mail while creating a scheduled report has been fixed.
- Issue in showing a wrong time in User Logon history reports has been fixed.