Advanced Mobile Device Management (MDM) for Samsung SAFE devices
Desktop Central offers advanced capabilities in managing Samsung SAFE devices. Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE) devices are enterprise-ready devices from Samsung with increased security and management capabilities. With Desktop Central, administrators will now have a better control on the SAFE devices to perform device level configurations remotely and supports over 100+ additional policies.
- Force end user to set passcode at a scheduled time
- Standardize the device by disallowing users to access or modify default settings on the mobile device
- Restrict employees from accessing Android browser.
- Restrict users from changing the device settings, reset to factory settings or from upgrading thier OS over-the-air
- Restrict data sharing by enabling/disabling device capabilities such as Google Backup, Bluetooth, Camera, Tethering, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Disallow external hardware such as use of Microphone, USB device, and External SD card.
- Restrict screen capture
Advanced Carrier Management
Provides advanced controls on accessing data on roaming to cut down your expenses like,
- Restrict usage of Packet data on roaming
- Reduce the data consumption like WAP PUSH, MMS messages from being received during roaming
- Disable the automatic sync of applications such as email, contacts, calendar, etc.
- Disabling voice calls
- Silently Push/Remove Applications
- Control Access to Play store to forbid employee from installing any app themselves
- Restrict from using entertainment apps such as You tube
- Have complete control on what apps that the user should have on their devices including the versions. For example, users will not be allowed to install a blacklisted app or to remove any app from their device.
Refer to here for details on policies and management capabilities for core Android devices.