Unable to use Ctrl+Alt+Del feature on Remote Computers Vista OS/Windows 7/Windows 2008
Unable to use Ctrl+Alt+Del feature on remote desktop running Vista OS/ Windows 7/ Windows 2008.
Problems to use Ctrl+Alt+Del feature on remote desktops running Vista OS/ Windows 7/ Windows 2008 may occur due to one or more of the following reasons:
- User Access Control(UAC) is disabled in the remote machine running Vista OS/ Windows 7/ Windows 2008.
- Secure Attention Sequence(SAS) is disabled in the remote machine running Vista OS/ Windows 7/ Windows 2008.
Enable UAC in the Remote Desktop running Vista OS/ Windows 7/ Windows 2008
- Goto Start --> Run --> type msconfig. This opens the System Configuration Window.
- Click on Tools tab.
- Locate and Click on"Enable UAP" or "Enable UAC" option item. This opens a Command Prompt window that automatically executes and runs certain process to Enable UAC.
- Close the cmd window when done. Also close msconfig window.
- Restart the computer for the changes to apply.
Set the Policy :
- Execute Gpedit.msc from Run prompt.
- Goto "Computer Configuration" -> "Admin Templates" -> "Windows Components" -> "Windows Logon Options"
- In Windows LogOn Option , double click "Disable enable software Secure Attention Sequence"
- Select "Enable" option and "Services and Ease of Access application"
- Click OK.
Applies to: Remote Desktop Management, Troubleshoot Vista Remote Desktop, Remote Vista Desktop Connection problems, Enable UAC, Enable SAS, Remote Windows 7/ Windows 2008 Desktop Connection
Keywords: Remote Vista Desktop, Manage Remote computers, Troubleshoot Vista Remote machines, Enable SAS
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields