Troubleshooting Tips - Firewall Analyzer - Distributed Edition
- When I login, why "No Data Available" is shown?
Check for the following reasons:
- Click on the current date in the Calendar. If data is displayed, then there could be some time difference between Admin and Collector Server.
- If both Admin and Collector Servers are in different time zones, then you need to choose the appropriate time using Calendar.
- Data collection is not happening?
The possible reasons could be:
The Admin Server unable to contact Collector Server or the Collector Server status is down.
- If the Admin Server is unable to contact Collector Server,
- The Collector Server added may not be of Distributed Server type.
- The username and password configured for respective Collector Server may not have Administrative privilege.
- If the Collector Server status is down, check for the following conditions:
- Is the Collector Server running? Is the Port and Protocol information configured correct?
- Is the Admin Server needs to pass through Proxy Server? If so, is the same hasbeen configured?
- Are the Ports required areopened/allowed in Firewall(s)?
- When Alert count is clicked, "Security Statistics" page is shown with "No Data Available" message?
The possible reasons are listed below:
- Time difference between Admin and Collector Server.
- All report page are fetched from Collector Server directly, but the generated alerts are fetched from Admin Server. The generated alerts from all Collector Servers are synchronized periodically (at 5 minutes interval). This could be the case where the generated alerts are yet to be synchronized.
- If you have converted a standalone Firewall Analyzer installation to Collector Server, previously generated alerts will not be synchronized. Only new alerts will be synchronized.
Trouble Shooting - Collector Server Synchronization
- After installing Collector Server, unable to start it. It says "Distributed Edition: Problem encountered while registering with Admin Server."?
This happens when Collector Server fails to establish contact with Admin Server.
The conditions under which communication could fail are listed below:
- Admin Server is not running in configured machine at given port.
- Collector Server needs to pass through Proxy Server and it has not been configured. In case configured, check if values are valid.
- Appropriate ports (8500 - default web server port), (8763 - default HTTPS port) are not opened in Firewall(s).
- Build mismatch between Admin and Collector Servers.
- Installed both Admin and Collector Servers, but when I login into Admin Server, I see Collector Settings page only. Why?
- This could be because the data collection for all the Collector Servers added in the Admin Server are yet to happen. By default, the data collection for a Collector Server is scheduled every 5 minutes.
- No device/resource exists in Collector Server.
- In Admin Server, the status of the Collector Server is shown as "Down", even though I am able to view reports for devices in it?
The status update of the Collector Server is performed at the end of every data collection cycle which is scheduled for every 5 minutes.