How to deploy FortiClient Installer using Desktop Central?
This document provides you the steps required to deploy FortiClient Installer to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
To deploy FortiClient Installer to computers, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the FortiClient exe
- Add the Software Package in Desktop Central
- Deploy to target computers
Download the FortiClient Installer
Download the package from http://www.fortinet.com/downloads/FortiClientInstaller.exe and save it in the network share. The network share should have read access to 'Everyone' and 'Authenticated Users' group.
Add the Software Package in Desktop Central
- Click on Software Deployment Tab
- Under packages, click Add Package
- Choose the application type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Choose Network Path and click Browse to locate the file and suffix -ms after a space as the installation switches.
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you have added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed FortiClient Installer to the target computers.