How to deploy Windows 11 using Desktop Central
This document provides you the steps required to upgrade the Windows operating system to Windows 11 using Desktop Central. Deploying Windows 11 will not impact any data on the target computers and only the operating system will be upgraded.
You can upgrade your Windows operating system to Windows 11, only if the following system requirements are met:
- The computer should be running on Windows 10 version 2004 or later versions.
- A minimum of 64GB storage is required to install Windows 11. Additional storage space might be required to download updates and enable specific features.
- A minimum of 4GB RAM memory is required
Note: Windows 11 can only run on 64-bit CPUs.
You can refer to this link for more details: Windows 11 System Requirements
To deploy Windows 11, follow the steps given below:
Downloading and Extracting an ISO file
- Download Windows 11 ISO file from Volume Licensing Service Center or MSDN.
Note: You can also download the ISO from Microsoft Software Download center if you have a license key to deploy the package.
- Extract the ISO file and store the extracted components in the network share. The network share should have read permissions for "Everyone" group and should be accessible from all the target computers.
Note: Ensure that the editions, architecture and OS languages of your target computers are compatible with the downloaded ISO file.
You have successfully extracted the ISO file and it is ready to be deployed via the software deployment feature of Desktop Central.
Deploying Windows 11 using Desktop Central
- Click on Software Deployment tab
- Under Packages, click on Add Package
- Choose the application type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Specify the name of the package
- Choose Network Path and click Browse to locate the setup.exe
- Under "Installation command with Switches/Arguments" enter the following -
"\\<sharename>\<foldername>\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /compat IgnoreWarning
Example:"\\DC-machine-1\c$\Desktopcentral\Software Reposity\win11_DVD\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /compat IgnoreWarning
- Specify the pre & post installation activities if required.
- Click Add Package to complete package creation.
- Navigate to "Packages" and select the package that you have added.
- Click Install/Uninstall Software.
- Enter a name and description for the configuration.
- Define the package settings.
- Configure the deployment settings.
- Choose the target computers.
- Specify the schedule options, if required.
- Click Deploy.
You have successfully deployed Windows 11 operating system to the target computers.