Patch Download Failure
You are trying to download patches from the vendors site and it fails with an error.
This might happen when there is an error in the vendor site or when there is an environmental issue. This could be due to the settings configured in your firewall, proxy or the anti-virus.
You will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
Download the patch manually
- You will have to download the patches manually and store it the local patch store.
- You can identify the patch name of the missing patch and the download URL by clicking on the missing patch ID from here: Desktop Central web console -> Patch Mgmt -> Patches -> Missing patches.
- Download the patch manually from the respective vendor's website and save it in the patch store.
- You can locate the patch store, here: Desktop Central -> Patch Mgmt -> Patches -> Downloaded Patches ->Settings.
If you are unable to download the patch from the respective vendor's website, you should contact your network administrator to add the website to your proxy/firewall exception.
Upload it in the patch store for deployment
- You will have to rename the downloaded patch as <patchID>-<PatchName> without any specific file extension. For example: If the patch ID is 300088 and the patch name is "Thunderbird setup 3.1.1.exe", this should be saved as 300088-Thunderbird setup 3.1.1.
You will now be able to deploy the patch successfully to target computers.
Keywords: Patch Management, Manually download and deploy Patches, Configure Patch Installation, Download Patches from vendor site