Patch Configuration Failure - "Draft Download Failed"
You are trying to deploy patches of Microsoft/other vendors. However Patch Configuration fails with error message: "Draft - Download Failed".
The possible reasons could be:
- Proxy might not have been configured. (or) Authentication provided in the proxy settings does not have necessary privileges to download EXE files.
- You do not have access to download EXE files from the respective Software Vendor site.
- Add the proxy settings. Go to Admin --> Proxy settings --> Type the appropriate user name and password along with IP. The user specified should have the permission to download the exe file.
- Given below are the list of the sites from where Desktop Central downloads the patches. The proxy credential supplied should have access to download the executbles from these sites:
- http://download.microsoft.com - for Microsoft applications
- http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/ - for Mozila Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
- http://ardownload.adobe.com - for Adobe patches
- http://fpdownload.macromedia.com - for Adobe Shockwave Player
- http://fpdownload.adobe.com - for Adobe Flash Player
- http://airdownload.adobe.com - for Adobe AIR
- http://javadl.sun.com - for Java updates
- http://support.apple.com/ - for Mac OS updates & JRE 1.6
- http://cache-download.real.com - for Real player
- http://*.oracle.com/ - for JRE 1.7
- http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ - for Open Office
- http://dl.google.com - for Google chrome s
- http://appldnld.apple.com - Quick time player, Itunes
- http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp - for Mozilla Firefox 3.6
Applies to: Patch Deployment, Patch Configuration, Patch Download
Keywords: Patch Management, Deploy Patches, Configure Patch Installation, Download Patches
|Unable to resolve this issue?
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields