How can I image a computer with Endpoint Central Agent on it?
This document will guide you to image a computer with the agent on it. There are few pre-requisites which are described below.
Note: To know how to image Mac and Linux computers with the agents on it refer these documents:
- For Linux computers click here.
- For Mac computers click here.
The agent has a unique ID which represents the machine with its name and system details. If more than one agent is identified with the same ID , the details listed in the product web console will be overwritten. This would end up listing details of only one computer though there are several computers with the same ID. So in order to avoid this issue, follow the steps mentioned below to image a computer with the agent on it.
- Install the agent in the computer which is to be used for imaging.
- Download this script and store it in the system that is supposed to be imaged.
(running this script will block the agent communicating the product server)
- Rename the .txt file as .vbs file
- Open the command prompt as administrator and navigate to the folder where the above script is stored.
- Execute the script using the command: cscript.exe dcagentPreImage.vbs
(example : E:\Downloads>cscript.exe dcagentPreImage.vbs)
- Now your computer is ready to be imaged with the agent, for deployment.
Agent in the newly image-captured computers will contact the product server only if they are renamed.
- Download this script and run it as administrator on the image-captured machine after deployment if you want to manage the source computer from which the agent is imaged. (rename .txt file as .vbs file).
- This would restore the agent communication with the product server.