How to reset Desktop Central password?
This will explain you about resetting the Desktop Central password. In case of User roles are authenticated with Active Directory Domain authentication, then you can reset the password of a technician or an admin by changing the AD password, else follow the steps mentioned below:
Note: This is applicable only after Desktop Central build # 80223
Reset password for a Technician/admin using an admin user
You can reset the password of a Technician by using a admin user role. The following steps will explain you about resetting the password for a technician:
- Login to Desktop Central using an account with admin privilege
- Click Admin tab
- Under Global Settings select User Administration
- Under User, select the Technician/admin
- Under Action click on change password button to reset the password.
- Click Change to save changes.
You have successfully changed the password of the technician/admin.
Reset password for an Admin using a Tool
You can reset the default admin password of Desktop Central by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Services.msc and stop ManageEngine Desktop Central
- Open command prompt in elevated mode and navigate to <Install_Dir>\DesktopCentral_Server\bin directory
- Execute resetPassword.bat
- You will find the options as listed below:
- Choose the operations
- View all existing users
- Change password
- Choose "2" to reset password
- Specify the user name and reset the password
- Start the ManageEngine Desktop Central Server service from Services.msc.
- Login using local authentication, with the user name and the new password as "admin".
After resetting the password (for local admin user/Domain user), the login will be converted as local authentication. You can modify the authentication as Domain authentication and reset the password using User Administration under Admin tab.