Remote Desktop Sharing Failure - RPC Server Unavailable
Failure to connect to Remote Desktop - Shows 'RPC Server Unavailable' Error.
RPC Server is unavailable as:
- "File and Printer Sharing" is disabled
- Remote Administration is disabled
- Remote Computer is not reachable
- Enable "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks": Enable "File and Printer Sharing" in the network adapter of the client computers as follows:
- Select Start --> Settings --> Network Connections.
- Right-click on Network Connection and select Properties.
- In the connection properties dialog, select the General tab.
- Select the "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" and click OK.
- If you do not find this option, click Install button.
- In the network component type, select Service and click Add.
- Select File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and click OK.
- Click Close to exit the properties dialog
- Enable Remote Administration in client machine's Firewall: Steps to enable Remote Administration in Firewall:
- Click Start --> Run
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK
- Expand Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Network --> Network Connections --> Windows Firewall --> Domain Profile.
- Right-click Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception, and then click Properties.
- Click Enabled, and then click OK.
- Make Remote Computer Reachable:
- Check whether the system is up and running when the scan is performed.
- Ensure that the DNS record for this computer is up-to-date in the DNS Server.
Applies to: Remote Desktop Management, Troubleshoot Remote Desktop, Remote Desktop Connection problems, RPC Server Unavailable
Keywords: Remote Desktop, Manage Remote computers, Troubleshoot Remote machines, RPC Server Unavailable
|Unable to resolve this issue?
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields