Maintaining Desktop Central Server and Database
Maintaining server and business database is crucial to any enterprise. With Desktop Central you can completely automate the process of maintaining your Desktop Central server and database. This feature is applicable for Desktop Central version 10.0.240 or above. Update to the latest version here.
Benefits of maintenance
- Improved server and database performances.
- Disk space optimization as junk files get deleted during the process.
How to schedule server maintenance?
- From your Desktop Central web console navigate to Admin tab -> server settings -> server maintenance.
- Enable Automated server maintenance and schedule your preferred weeks, day and time to start maintaining your server.
- During each maintenance, the relevant tables in the database will be re-indexed so as to ensure better database performance.
- Desktop Central recommends you to schedule your server maintenance every week to achieve improved server and database performances.
- During Server maintenance your Desktop Central service will temporarily be down. So, it is always recommended to have your maintenance scheduled during non-productive hours.
- If you are using MSSQL database, enable the database maintenance checkbox only if you have not configured any re-indexing tasks in your SQL server.
Interrupting Server Maintenance
It is not recommended to interrupt your server maintenance mid-way. However, if you have any critical needs to access your Desktop Central server, navigate to your Desktop Central installation directory -> bin folder -> execute interrupt-maintenance.bat file to stop your maintenance.