Download Service Packs
We recommend users to move to the latest version, Desktop Central 10 build #10.0.388
For steps to install the service packs, click here.
- If your build number isUpgrade to Build Number
- 80201 to 80364Download and upgrade to 90001.
- 90001 to 90145Download and upgrade to 91003.
- 91001 to 91129Download and upgrade to 92006.
- 92000 to 92120Download and upgrade to 10.0.5.
- 10.0.0 to 10.0.387Download and upgrade to 10.0.388.
- To prevent your antivirus from scanning, add the following to your Antivirus' exclusion list:
- Desktop Central installation directory
- Desktop Central Directory folder in which DC database is running.
- If the Desktop Central Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the upgrade process.
- If you have to install a couple of service packs and hotfixes to reach the latest version, it is recommended to exit the Update Manager tool for every PPM installation.
Instructions to Apply Service Packs & Hot Fixes
- Stop Desktop Central.
Open services.msc --> Find ManageEngine Desktop Central Server --> Stop the service.
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <desktop central_home>/bin directory.
If you have installed Desktop Central Server on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 8, or Windows 2012, you should login as a default administrator before running the Update Manager tool.
- Click "Browse" and select the.ppm file that you have downloaded and install the file.
This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated. Wait until the service pack / hotfix is fully installed.
- Close and exit the Update Manager tool.
- Start Desktop Central.
How do I find out my build number?
- Log in to the Desktop Central web client and navigate to the top right corner where Build version will be listed.
- Also, you can find the build version in Support tab -> General Details -> Product Information -> Build Version.
This is the build number of the currently installed Desktop Central.
If you still have troubles in updating Desktop Central to the latest build write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org