How to upgrade to Mac Catalina Operating System using Endpoint Central?
This document provides the steps required to upgrade Mac operating system to 10.15 Catalina. Deploying Catalina will not impact any data on the target computers, this will upgrade only the operating system.
You can upgrade your Mac operating system to Catalina 10.15, only if the following system requirements are met:
- Computer should be running on Mac 10.9 or later versions
- A minimum of 12.5 GB free space (for Mac 10.11.5 or later) and 18.5 GB free space for other Mac OS versions is required on the hard disk
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM memory is required
You can refer this link for more details : MacOS 10.15 Catalina System Requirements
How to deploy Mac Catalina?
To deploy 10.15 Catalina, follow the steps given below:
- Download macOS Catalina from App store. This will be stored in Applications folder.
- From Applications folder, execute tar -zcvf installCatalina.tar.gz Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/ in terminal to zip the application.
- The zipped application should be placed in a Windows share machine.
- Download the script. The script will connect to the share where the application is present. The application will get copied and the MacOS will be upgraded in all the target machines through Endpoint Central.
- It is mandatory to execute the command from Applications folder.
- By executing cd /Applications/ you can navigate to Applications folder from the terminal.
Deploying 10.15 Catalina using Endpoint Central
- Modify the script (catalinaosupgrade.sh) and change the "SERVERPATH" parameter to the path of the shared folder machine where the zipped application is kept. The format of SERVERPATH parameter is given in the script itself.
- Click on Configurations Tab.
- Click on Script Repository, choose to Add Script.
- Provide the Script Name and choose Mac Platform.
- Click on Add.
- Go to Configurations Tab and choose Mac OS.
- Click on Custom Script and choose Computer configuration.
- Deploy the catalinaosupgrade.sh script from the script repository.
Note : Since the file size is 8.9 GB, it will take some time to get copied from the repository.