Failed to auto assign users/owners for workstation in ServiceDesk Plus
You are not able to auto assign user(s)/owner(s) for workstation in ServiceDesk Plus from Desktop Central.
Note: The details of the user(s)/owner(s) who recently logged in a workstation will be posted to ServiceDesk Plus from Desktop Central every 60 minutes. The asset state will change to In Use for workstations in SDP.
This error might occur in the following cases:
- The option, Assign the user who has logged in recently is not selected in ServiceDesk Plus Settings in Desktop Central.
- Either the user is not available in ServiceDesk Plus or the user details mentioned in ServiceDesk Plus do not match with that of the logged-in user's workstation.
- The workstation is unmanaged by Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus.
- Multiple users/no users have logged into the workstation.
Identify the cause for this problem and implement the corresponding solution from the list given below :
- Option to integrate 'Assign the user who has logged in recently' not enabled
In Desktop Central web console, navigate to Admin tab->ServiceDesk Plus Settings. Under Features, click Modify. Under Asset Management section enable Asset data of computers. Against Auto assign owner for workstation, choose Assign the user who has logged in recently. Click Save.
- User not found in ServiceDesk Plus
The user is not present in ServiceDesk Plus. The user has to be added in ServiceDesk Plus. Desktop Central checks the Login Name and the Domain of ServiceDesk Plus users with that of the logged-in user's workstation. In ServiceDesk Plus, click Admin, under Users, select Users. Check whether the Login Name and Domain details are configured correctly.
- Unmanaged workstation
Ensure that the workstation is managed by Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus. Desktop Central agent must be installed to manage the workstations.
- Multiple users/ no users have logged in simultaneously
To update the asset state and user details, only one user should be logged in a workstation at a given point of time.
Applies to: ServiceDesk Plus Settings, Auto assign users/owners in ServiceDesk Plus, map user details
Keywords: ServiceDesk Plus Settings, Auto assign users/owners, Asset Management