MS SQL Server Log Analysis and Reporting
Database activity monitoring is a crucial task for database administrators, as it will keep track of all events and changes happening in the database. It will also ensure the integrity of confidential data stored in the database. However, auditing database activities manually is a herculean task. The best way to accomplish this effectively is with a comprehensive solution that simplifies and automates the database and activity monitoring. The solution should also enable database administrators to:
- Monitor all significant events such as user logons, privileged user accesses, and privileged user activities.
- Track database transactions and provide exhaustive information on authorized and unauthorized changes, which reveal who did what actions, when, and from where.
- Instantly detect the root cause of any operational issues, and provide detailed information for efficient and easy troubleshooting.
- Instantly identify unauthorized access to confidential data.
Auditing MS SQL Server databases with EventLog Analyzer
ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive database activity monitoring tool that helps you monitor all database activities, accesses, and server account changes in your MS SQL Server database.
EventLog Analyzer is also fully equipped with the following features:
- Support for MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Enterprise, and Datacenter editions.
- Out of the box reports that give detailed information on DML and DDL query auditing.
- Real-time alert upon any unauthorized access to confidential data or to the database server, itself.
- Efficient management of MS SQL Server accounts, including monitoring of any changes to the privileged user accounts with detailed reports and instant alerts.
- Intuitive reports dashboard that allows you to drill down to raw log level, which displays the log content as collected from the machine, thus facilitating easy root cause analysis.
MS SQL Server DDL auditing reports: Monitor DDL changes
- Monitor and track the changes happening at the database structural level, such as changes to the tables, views, procedures, triggers, schema, and more.
- With intuitive graphical reports, get the details of who made what change, when, and from where.
- Get real-time email or SMS notifications for any DDL level changes.
Created Databases | Dropped Databases | Altered Databases | Created Tables | Dropped Tables | Altered Tables | Created Views | Dropped Views | Altered Views | Created Stored Procedures | Dropped Stored Procedures | Altered Stored Procedures | Created Index | Dropped Index | Altered Index | Created Triggers | Dropped Triggers | Altered Triggers | Created Schemas | Altered Schemas | Dropped Schemas
MS SQL Server DML auditing reports: Auditing DML activities
- Audit functional-level activities happening in your database with EventLog Analyzer's predefined reports.
- Get to know when functional queries are executed, who executed them, and from where.
- Instantly track all change activity on your confidential data such as data being viewed, updated, deleted, or new entries being made.
Selected Tables | Inserted Tables | Updated Tables | Deleted Tables | Execute Command | Recieve Command | Check reference command executed | Inserted Schemas | Selected Schemas | Updated Schemas | Deleted Schemas
MS SQL Server account management reports: Managing accounts
Managing and monitoring database server accounts is very critical in setting up authorizations for resources both inside and out of your database. EventLog Analyzer simplifies your database account management with real-time alerts and predefined reports. With this solution, you can:
- Track every change made to any account with respect to the users, logons and logoffs, passwords, and more.
- Get to know when a privileged account is created, deleted, or modified.
- Audit logon and logoff activity, and learn the reasons behind logon failures.
- Instantly know when the password of a critical account gets changed, and more.
User Created | User Dropped | User Altered | Login Created | Login Dropped | Login Altered | DataBase Role Created | DataBase Role Dropped | DataBase Role Altered | Application Role Created | Application Role Dropped | Application Role Altered | Credential Created | Credential Dropped | Credential Altered | Own Password Changes | Failed Own password changes | Password changes | Password changes Failed | Password resets | Password resets Failed | Own password resets | Failed Own password resets | Unlocked accounts | Enabled users | Disabled users
MS SQL Server auditing reports: Auditing server activities
- With EventLog Analyzer's on-the-fly reports, quickly audit MS SQL Server activities such as startups, shutdowns, logons, logon failures, and more.
- Get detailed reports on database backup, restoration, audit, audit specifications, administrator authorities, and more.
- Learn the top logon activities of your database, and visualize trend patterns of any logon failures.
Database backup report | Database restoration report | Transaction log backup report | Admin authority changes report | Permission changes report | Owner Changes report | Created server roles | Dropped server roles | Altered server roles | Created Server Audits | Dropped Server Audits | Altered server audits | Created Server Audit Specifications | Dropped Server Audit Specifications | Altered Server Audit Specifications | Created Database Audit Specifications | Dropped Database Audit Specifications | Altered Database Audit Specifications | Changed Audit Sessions | Shutdown and Failure Audits | Trace Audit C2 On | Trace Audit C2 Off | Started Trace Audits | Stopped Trace Audits | Server Startups | Server shutdowns | Logons | Failure logons | Logout Accounts | Top logons based on user | Top logons based on remote hosts | Top failure logons based on users | Top failure logons based on remote hosts | Logons Trend | Failed Logons Trend | Event Trend report
MS SQL Server security reports: Mitigating security attacks on the database
EventLog Analyzer helps mitigate external and internal security breaches by providing detailed reports and real-time alerts on various security attacks that can occur in your database.This solution:
- Provides detailed reports on SQL injection and denial of service attacks, which help you conduct detailed forensic analysis on how the attack happened.
- Alerts you in real time of events including account lockouts, privilege abuses, unauthorized copying of sensitive data, and more, thus helping you to instantly react to security breaches.
Privilege abuses | Unauthorized copies of sensitive data | Account Lockouts | Storage media exposure | SQL Injection | Denial of Service