Discover complex attack patterns with correlation
Logs are the breadcrumbs of network activity and contain highly-detailed information about all user and system activity on your network. Basic log analysis helps you easily sort through millions of logs, and pick out the logs that indicate suspicious activity, as well as identify anomalous logs that don't align with normal network activity.
Often, a single log viewed on its own may seem completely normal, but when viewed with a group of other related logs, could form a potential attack pattern. EventLog Analyzer's correlation engine discovers sequences of logs—coming from devices across your network—that indicate possible attacks, and quickly alerts you about the threat. It empowers you to go beyond just analyzing logs and start taking proactive steps against attacks.
Log correlation with EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer's powerful correlation engine efficiently identifies defined attack patterns within your logs. Its correlation module offers many useful features, including:
- Predefined rules: Utilize over 20 predefined attack patterns (or rules) that come packaged with the product.
- Overview dashboard: Navigate the easy-to-use correlation dashboard, which provides detailed reports for each attack pattern as well as an overview report of all discovered attacks, facilitating in-depth analysis.
- Timeline view: View a timeline diagram showing the chronological sequence of logs for every identified attack pattern.
- Intuitive rule builder: Define new attack patterns with the easy-to-use rule builder, which provides a categorical list of network actions and allows you to drag and drop them into your desired order.
- Field-based filters: Set constraints on log fields for fine-grained control over the defined attack patterns.
- Instant alerts: Set up email or SMS notifications so you're immediately alerted whenever the system picks up a suspicious pattern.
- Rule management: Enable, disable, remove, or edit rules and their notifications from a single page.
- Column selector: Control the information shown in each report by selecting the columns needed and renaming them as required.
- Scheduled reports: Set up schedules to generate and distribute the correlation reports you need.
Create rules with an intuitive interface
With its rule builder interface, EventLog Analyzer makes the process of creating new attack patterns easy.
- Define new attack patterns using over one hundred network actions.
- Drag and drop rules to rearrange which actions comprise a pattern, and in what order.
- Restrict certain log field values with filters.
- Specify threshold values for triggering alerts, like how many times an action has to occur or the time frame between actions.
- Add a name, category, and description for each rule.
- Edit existing rules to fine-tune your alerts. If you notice a specific rule is generating too many false positives or fails to identify an attack, you can easily adjust the rule definition as needed.
Looking for use cases?
Download our free Network Security Attack Handbook
and learn how log correlation can secure your network from various types of attacks. Download now
EventLog Analyzer offers log management, file integrity monitoring, and real-time event correlation capabilities in a single console that help meeting SIEM needs, combat security attacks, and prevent data breaches.
Comply with the stringent requirements of regulatory mandates viz., PCI DSS, FISMA, HIPAA, and more with predefined reports & alerts. Customize existing reports or build new reports to meet internal security needs.
Monitor critical changes to confidential files/folders with real-time alerts. Get detailed information such as 'who made the change, what was changed, when and from where' with predefined reports.
Centrally collect log data from Windows servers or workstations, Linux/Unix servers, network devices viz., routers, switches, & firewalls, and applications using agent less or agent based methods.
Analyze log data from sources across the network. Detect anomalies, track critical security events, and monitor user behaviors with predefined reports, intuitive dashboards, and instant alerts.
Perform in-depth forensic analysis to backtrack attacks and identify the root cause of incidents. Save search queries as alert profile to mitigate future threats.
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in EventLog Analyzer, we would love to hear. Click here to continue