VMware Log Management with EventLog Analyzer
As companies move towards virtualizing their IT space, virtual environment log monitoring is taking up a large slice in the log management pie. More than ensuring network security, VM log monitoring also helps in managing virtualized tools, which is considered to be one of the most complex tasks. Apart from protecting security threats by collecting, analyzing, reviewing and archiving VM logs, VM log management also helps in
- Tracking VM resource usage and health
- Identifying the root cause of VM downtime
- VM resource planning and management
- Resolving resource allocation problems
As the benefits of virtual environment log monitoring are many, so are the challenges. The heterogeneity of resources in virtual infrastructure makes log collection and reviewing difficult.
EventLog Analyzer simplifies virtual infrastructure log monitoring by centrally collecting, normalizing, analyzing, monitoring and archiving virtual machine logs, and generates reports and triggers alerts upon suspicious activity right out of the box.
Comprehensive Monitoring of Virtual Environment with EventLog Analyzer
The most popular virtual platform that is preferred by companies of today is VMware. EventLog Analyzer monitors every component of VMware from individual ESXi hosts to vCenter servers.
- Monitoring ESXi Hosts: EventLog Analyzer automatically receives ESXi hosts’ logs through its syslog server without the need of configuring any settings. The solution then generates out-of-the-box reports and alerts on guest logins, virtual machine creations, deletions and state changes that help gaining better visibility into user activities and resource management.
- Monitoring vCenter Server: Though monitoring ESXi hosts provide information on the state of individual VMs, to get a comprehensive view of all the actions that is happen in the virtual environment, you need to monitor vCenter Servers. Monitoring vCenter server by itself helps in monitoring the activities on virtual database storage and server agents that had been deployed. EventLog Analyzer collects, analyzes, monitors vCenter server logs and generates intuitive out-of-the-box reports that provide information on overall resource utilization, access control to and from the individual virtual machines, VM’s configuration and permission changes.