System log, or syslog, management is important for an organization's operations and network security. System administrators look at syslogs as a critical resource when troubleshooting performance problems on syslog devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and Unix/Linux servers across the network. Analyzing syslogs in real-time helps reduce system downtime, enhance the performance of the network, and strengthen the security policies of the enterprise. However, to identify a single problem, administrators often invest many hours sifting through stacks of syslogs.
How does EventLog Analyzer help in managing syslog data?
EventLog Analyzer is an efficient syslog management solution. It functions like a syslog daemon or a syslog server and collects syslog messages by listening to the syslog port of the devices that have been added for monitoring. EventLog Analyzer can collect syslog events from various flavors like RedHat, Debian, Open SUSE, OpenBSD, Ubuntu, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, and more. Once collected, the syslogs are analyzed, and insights on network activities are presented in concise reports.
EventLog Analyzer’s syslog management kit includes:
- Out-of-the-box reports: The exhaustive reporting package of EventLog Analyzer includes 1000+ out-of-the-box reports. The solution also has a custom report builder which provides an option to build reports based on several criteria such as syslog event type, severity, source, and more.
- Graphical dashboard: The solution's intuitive graphical dashboard enables easy interpretation of syslog data by organizing them based on severity, category, alerts and much more, thus helping you instantly identify IT operational issues or security threats.
- Real-time alerting system: With 300+ predefined alert criteria, EventLog Analyzer can quickly identify security incidents and send real-time SMS or email notifications to administrators.
- Powerful correlation engine: EventLog Analyzer provides rule-based correlation of incoming syslogs that enables administrators to spot external attacks, analyze their patterns, and recognize network breaches.
EventLog Analyzer's efficient syslog management can help administrators:
- Reduce downtime
- Improve incident management through real-time detection of threats
- Decrease the severity of business interruptions