Troubleshooting Tips - Firewall Analyzer Enterprise Edition
For the latest Troubleshooting Tips on Firewall Analyzer, visit the Troubleshooting Tips on the website or the public user forums.
- When I login, why "No Data Available" is shown?
Check for the following reasons:
- Click on the current date in the Calendar. If data is displayed, then there could be some time difference between Central and Probe Server.
- If both Central and Probe Servers are in different time zones, then you need to choose the appropriate time using Calendar
- Data collection is not happening?
The possible reasons could be:
The Central Server unable to contact Probe Server or the Probe Server status is down.
- If the Central Server is unable to contact Probe Server,
- The Probe Server added may not be of Enterprise Edition Server type.
- The username and password configured for respective Probe Server may not have Administrative privilege.
- If the Probe Server status is down, check for the following conditions:
- Is the Probe Server running? Is the Port and Protocol information configured correct?
- Is the Central Server needs to pass through Proxy Server? If so, is the same has been configured?
- Are the Ports required are opened/allowed in Firewall(s)?
- When Alert count is clicked, "Security Statistics" page is shown with "No Data Available" message?
The possible reasons are listed below:
- Time difference between Central and Probe Server.
- All report page are fetched from Probe Server directly, but the generated alerts are fetched from Central Server. The generated alerts from all Probe Servers are synchronized periodically (at 5 minutes interval). This could be the case where the generated alerts are yet to be synchronized.
- If you have converted a standalone Firewall Analyzer installation to Probe Server, previously generated alerts will not be synchronized. Only new alerts will be synchronized.
Probe Server Synchronization
- After installing Probe Server, unable to start it. It says "Enterprise Edition: Problem encountered while registering with Central Server."?
This happens when Probe Server fails to establish contact with Central Server.
The conditions under which communication could fail are listed below:
- Central Server is not running in configured machine at given port.
- Probe Server needs to pass through Proxy Server and it has not been configured. In case configured, check if values are valid.
- Appropriate ports (8500 - default web server port), (8763 - default HTTPS port) are not opened in Firewall(s).
- Build mismatch between Central and Probe Servers
- Installed both Central and Probe Servers, but when I login into Central Server, I see Probe Settings page only. Why?
- This could be because the data collection for all the Probe Servers added in the Central Server are yet to happen. By default, the data collection for a Probe Server is scheduled every 5 minutes.
- No device/resource exists in Probe Server
- In Central Server, the status of the Probe Server is shown as "Down", even though I am able to view reports for devices in it?
The status update of the Probe Server is performed at the end of every data collection cycle which is scheduled for every 5 minutes.