Define Report Type
Firewall Analyzer lets you define custom report types. These reports are added to the Available Reports list, in Step 2 of the Add Report Profile wizard.
- In Step 2 of the Add Report Profile wizard, click the Add icon to add a new report type
- In the Add Report Type popup window that opens, enter a unique name for the report in the Report Name field.
- In the Report based on selection, choose Protocol, URL, Event, VPN, Rule, Attack, Virus, Spam, Host, Server depending on the report criteria you want to specify.
- In the Display option, select one of the three options: Graph & Table, Graph, Table.
- In the Graph Settings tab, choose the following:
- The type of graph to be displayed, in the Graph Types drop-down list. The Graph Types are: Vertical Bar Chart, Stacked Vertical Bar Chart, Horizontal Bar Chart, Pie Chart, and Time Series. A preview of the graph will be available besides the Graph Types selection. The Time Series graph will give Time Vs any of attributes: Hits, Total Bytes, Bytes Sent, Bytes Received.
- The attributes to be used for the X and Y axes of the graph, along with the labels to be displayed. The Y-axis attributes are: Sum of Bytes Received, Sum of Total Bytes, Sum of Bytes Sent, Sum of Request Count, Sum of Duration and the X-axis attributes are: Resource, Source, User, Destination, Protocol, Time, Duration, Request Count, Bytes Received, Bytes Sent, Total Bytes.
- The attribute based on which all data will be grouped together, in the Grouping Criteria option. The options are: Resource, Source, User, Destination, Protocol, Time. Click Add icon to Add Secondary 'Group By' option, this will useful for generating Stacked Graphs report.
- The attribute based on which data will be sorted, in the Order By option. The potions are: Sum of Bytes Received, Sum of Total Bytes, Sum of Bytes Sent, Time, Sum of Request Count, Sum of Duration.
- In the Table Settings tab, choose the values to be shown in the table of the report. Select from the Available Headers table and click >> button to the header to Selected Header table. The values of the selected headers will be displayed in the table.
- Once you have selected all the required options, click Ok to include this new report in the Available Reports list. Select the checkbox next to this report to include it in a report profile.
You can click the Delete icon at any time to delete a custom report from the Available Reports list.