Firewall Analyzer - Imported Logs - FAQ
1. How to check the 'Remote Host' details/schedule details and imported log files?
You can check the details in Protocol column.
- HTTP will be displayed for Local Host import and there will be a link if schedule is enabled.
- FTP/SFTP will displayed for Remote Host. Click the appropriate protocol link to see the remote host/schedule details and file details for the log files imported.
2. Schedule option not available in 'Local Host' import? Why?
Schedule and Change filename dynamically options will appear only when the Firewall Analyzer client is invoked from the server machine itself. If you are connecting Firewall Analyzer client from a remote host, Schedule will be hidden.
3. What is mean by 'Consider this as virtual firewall'?
It means Firewall Analyzer will identify the imported log file as the log file from a specific virtual firewall (vdom). You should select the check box and provide the appropriate firewall physical IP address in the IP address text box, otherwise the imported logs will be considered as logs of a physical firewall device.
4. What is the maximum allowed size of log files for import?
- If the log records are imported from local host (where Firewall Analyzer is running), there is no maximum file size limit.
- If the log records are imported from remote host to the local host and in turn imported to Firewall Analyzer, maximum file size is 2 GB.
- If the log records are imported from remote host, maximum file size is 2 GB.
5. What are the supported browsers for local host schedule import?
Scheduled local import is supported in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera browsers.
Firefox browser users need to configure one-time settings. The procedure is given below:
Firefox Setting to import log file from local host
- Open a new browser tab/window and enter about:config in the address bar.
- Right click and select New > Boolean.
- Enter signed.applets.codebase_principal_support as a new preference name and close the tab/window.
- Import the log file again from the local machine. The browser asks for permission. Enable Remember this decision and click Allow.