When I login, why "No Data Available" is shown?
Check for the following reasons:
Click on the current date in the Calendar. If data is displayed, then there could be some time difference between Admin and Collector Server.
If both Admin and Collector Servers are in different time zones, then you need to choose the appropriate time using Calendar.
Data collection is not happening?
The possible reasons could be:
The Admin Server unable to contact Collector Server or the Collector Server status is down.
a. If the Admin Server is unable to contact Collector Server,
- The Collector Server added may not be of Distributed Servertype.
- The username and password configured for respective Collector Server may not have Administrative privilege.
b. If the Collector Server status is down, check for the following conditions:
- Is the Collector Server running? Is the Port and Protocolinformation configured correct?
- Is the Admin Server needs to pass through Proxy Server? If so, is the same has been configured?
- Are the Ports required areopened/allowed in Firewall(s)?
When Alert count is clicked, "Security Statistics" page is shown with "No Data Available" message?The possible reasons are listed below:
- Time difference between Admin and Collector Server.
- All report page are fetched from Collector Server directly, but the generated alerts are fetched from Admin Server. The generated alerts from all Collector Servers are synchronized periodically (at 5 minutes interval). This could be the case where the generated alerts are yet to be synchronized.
- If you have converted a standalone Firewall Analyzer installation to Collector Server, previously generated alerts will not be synchronized. Only new alerts will be synchronized
Collector Server Synchronization
After installing Collector Server, unable to start it. It says "Distributed Edition: Problem encountered while registering with Admin Server."?This happens when Collector Server fails to establish contact with Admin Server.
The conditions under which communication could fail are listed below:
- Admin Server is not running in configured machine at given port.
- Collector Server needs to pass through Proxy Server and it has not been configured. In case configured, check if values are valid.
- Appropriate ports (8500 - default web server port), (8763 - default HTTPS port) are not opened in Firewall(s).
- Build mismatch between Admin and Collector Servers.
Installed both Admin and Collector Servers, but when I login into Admin Server, I see Collector Settings page only. Why?
- This could be because the data collection for all the Collector Servers added in the Admin Server are yet to happen. By default, the data collection for aCollector Server is scheduled every 5 minutes.
- No device/resource exists in Collector Server.
In Admin Server, the status of the Collector Server is shown as "Down", even though I am able to view reports for devices in it?The status update of the Collector Server is performed at the end of every data collection cycle which is scheduled for every 5 minutes.
Secured Communication Mode (HTTPS)
What is the mode of communication between Admin Server and Collector Server?By default, the mode of communication is through HTTP. There is also an option to convert it to secured mode of communication HTTPS. Refer the procedure in the below help link, to setup secure communication mode between Admin and Collector Server.
I have changed the Collector Server communication mode to HTTPS, after installation. How to update this info in Admin server?Click on Settings tab > Collector Settings link in Admin Server UI and click on the Editicon of specific Collector and select the appropriate protocol and configure the web server port details.