How to configure audit log trimming?
Audit logs often tend to fill up the storage. To prevent this, it is recommended that you enable audit log trimming for site collections. Follow the below mentioned steps to configure audit log trimming.
- 1 Click settings , and then click Site settings.
- 2 If you are not at the root of your site collection, under Site Collection Administration, select Go to top level site settings.
- 3 On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, select Site collection audit settings.
- 4 On the Configure Audit Settings page, in the Audit Log Trimming section, set Automatically trim the audit log for this site? To Yes.
- 5 Optionally, specify the number of days of audit log data to retain. SharePoint Online has a range of 1 to 90 days, SharePoint Server does not have a limit.
- 6 You can also specify the document library to save audit log reports to before the audit log is trimmed. Set this option if you need access to audit log data, using audit log reports, after the audit log has been trimmed.
- 7 Select OK.
Every SharePoint administrators' need of the hour is a comprehensive tool that can monitor, analyze and audit multiple SharePoint deployments from a central console. The tool should also enable administrators to meet compliance requirements that outlines audit log data archival for forensic analysis. ManageEngine SharePoint Manager Plus is a tool that does all these and a lot more.
- An overview of SharePoint
- How to add an user to a SharePoint site?
- How to change SharePoint group permissions?
- How to check permissions of SharePoint users and groups?
- How to configure audit logging for a SharePoint site collection?
- How to check the size of a SharePoint site?
- How to check the size of SharePoint storage?
- How to migrate sharepoint on premises to online?
- How to view audit log reports in SharePoint Online?
- How to audit a SharePoint site collection?
- How to audit file usage in SharePoint?
- How to migrate list from one site collection to another site collection?
- How to use SharePoint migration tool?