Scope of Management (SoM)-How To
How to change the ports of a distribution server in a remote office setting?
This document provides steps required to change distribution server port numbers in a remote office setting. In an environment with unsecured communication, the agent uses the following ports:
- 8020 to communicate with the central server
- 8021 to communicate with the distribution server
In an environment with secured communication, the agent uses port 8383 to communicate both the central and the distribution servers.
The port numbers given above are the default ports. These can be changed if required.
To change distribution server port numbers in a remote office setting, follow the steps given below:
- Click SoM
- Click the Remote Offices tab
- Against the required remote office, click the Edit Remote Office Details button
- In the Distribution Server Details section, enter the required information in the DS HTTP Port field.
Note: You are required to enter information in the DS HTTPS Port field only if you have enabled secure communication.
- Click Modify
You have changed the distribution server port numbers in a remote office setting. When you change the port number for a distribution server in a remote office setting, the following actions take place:
- The distribution server contacts the central server to get information about the updated port numbers. This takes place during the communication interval that takes place every 2 minutes
- The agent cannot communicate with the distribution server, as it does not have the updated information about the port numbers. Therefore, the agent contacts the central server and updates the information it has with the latest information about the port numbers. This takes place during the 90-minute refresh cycle or when the agent contacts the server after the settings; whichever is earlier.
Note: If you want to change the port numbers in the Desktop Central server, contact the Desktop Central support team on email@example.com, for more information.