Patch Download Failure
Desktop Central Patch Download fails with the error message - "Bug in authorization handling : server refused the given info 10 times."
This error will be shown if, the specified proxy credential is no longer valid i.e., the proxy credentials have changed and you have not updated the details in the Desktop Central Server.
You can resolve this issue as follows:
- Check and Update the Proxy user name/password: If the proxy credential specified is no longer valid, go to Admin tab> Proxy Settings> Update the username and password in the HTTP Proxy Configuration section.
- Ensure that the configured Proxy settings has permission to download the installabe files from the below mentioned websites
- http://download.microsoft.com - for Microsoft applications
- http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/ - for Mozila Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
- http://*.adobe.com - for Adobe patches, flash player, Adobe air
- http://fpdownload.macromedia.com - for Adobe Shockwave Player
- http://javadl.sun.com - for Java updates
- http://*.apple.com/ - for Mac OS updates, Quick time player, Itunes & JRE 1.6
- http://cache-download.real.com - for Real player
- http://*.oracle.com/ - for JRE 1.7
- http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ - for Open Office
- http://dl.google.com - for Google chrome s
- http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp - for Mozilla Firefox 3.6
- http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net - for OpenOffice
Applies to: Patch DB Update, Desktop Central Patch Update, Patch DB Update Failure
Keywords: Patch DB, Desktop Central Patch DB Update Failure, Unknown username, Unknown Password, Update Proxy Credentials
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields