How do I deploy an exception for a port for the desktop-sharing system called Virtual Network Computing (VNC)?
This document provides you with steps required to deploy an exception for a port for VNC. For example, port 5900.
To deploy an exception for a VNC port, follow the steps given below:
- Click the Configurations tab
- Click Configuration
- In the Computer Configurations section, select Firewall
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- In the Firewall Action section, select Don't Modify
- In the Firewall Configuration section, click Customize
- In the Customize Firewall Ports window, in the Add to Selected Ports section, enter the following information:
- Port Name: VNC Port
- Port: 5900
- Protocol: TCP
- Click Add
- Close the Customize Firewall Ports window
- In the Firewall Configuration section, enter the following information:
- Choose a target
- Configure the execution settings as required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed an exception for VNC port number 5900. The settings will reflect in the client computers during the agent's 90-minute refresh cycle, during startup or during logon—whichever takes place earlier.