Detecting and Mitigating Threats Proactively
Real-time event correlation is all about proactively dealing with threats. Data breaches are on the rise and hackers use highly targeted attacks to intrude upon enterprise networks and steal sensitive data. To thwart security threats, enterprises rely on SIEM solutions that automate real-time event correlation and thereby accelerate the monitoring and analysis of network events.
With event correlation in place, IT security professionals don't have to spend hour’s manually tracking suspicious network behavior. Event correlation automatically detects and provides alerts on vulnerabilities, network user activities, policy violations, network anomalies, system downtime, and network security threats in real time.
Correlation of events allows IT security professionals to boost their network security by processing millions of events simultaneously from multiple log sources to proactively detect anomalous events on the network.
Detecting threats with EventLog Analyzer’s Correlation Engine
IT security professionals can correlate events in 2 ways:
Rules Based Event Correlation
EventLog Analyzer provides a powerful correlation engine that helps IT security professionals to mitigate threats proactively. It comes bundled with over 70 out-of-the-box correlation rules that cover user access, user logins, file integrity, user creation, group policies, unintended software installations and more. With this out-of-the-box correlation rules IT security professionals can detect and identify anomalies as and when they happen without any hassles of manual intervention.
EventLog Analyzer’s correlation rules can also be customized as per the security policies observed by the organization or to meet different event correlation scenarios. The IT security professionals are notified in real time during any threshold violations or network anomalies by an SMS or email.
Search Based Event Correlation
The log search
capability provided by EventLog Analyzer allows for multi-event correlation, wherein the IT security professionals can identify threats by correlating multiple events and attributes using search scripts. IT security professionals can correlate events by executing the search scripts against multiple search criterion groups at one time thus enabling them to fulfill complex correlation scenarios.
Wild-cards, Phrases, and Boolean operators can be used while framing the search query for correlating events. EventLog Analyzer search feature also allows you correlate events using Grouped searches and Range searches
You can correlate events using different event parameters such as event ids, severity, source, username, IP address, etc. or combination of all to meet your event correlation scenario. Filters can also be used to keep out certain events types, severity and other attributes when framing the correlation search script.
EventLog Analyzer Event Correlation Benefits:
- Rapidly detect security threats – Pinpoints breach attempts, insider threats, policy violations, and more without any manual intervention
- Real-time notifications - Get alerted in real time via email and SMS
- Remediation scripts -Capability to run custom remediation scripts to carry out some action to mitigate the threats without manual intervention
- Predefined Correlation Rules - Over 70 out-of-the-box event correlation rules for effective threat management
- Security Intelligence – Gain security intelligence into network anomalies and event trend patterns
- Customize Log Correlation Rules – Easily customize any of the built-in event correlation rules to meet your organizations security policies
- Correlate events using search scripts – Instantly build search scripts for your correlation scenario and correlate events in real-time!