Cybersecurity breach at the Australian Parliament
On February 8, 2019, an unidentified hacker breached the Australian Parliament's computer network. Amid speculations that a foreign nation was behind the attack, the country's intelligence agency, Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), immediately launched an investigation. There was initially no evidence that data was accessed, but the parliamentary staff have changed their passwords as a precautionary measure.
This attack shows that no organizations, even those with state-of-the-art security systems, are exempt from being a target of cybercrime. Fortunately, ManageEngine offers tools to identify, manage, and prevent such attacks. With Log360, ManageEngine's comprehensive SIEM solution, you can keep your business protected.
Don't want to make the news for the wrong reasons? Download ManageEngine Log360, the tool that can help combat internal and external security attacks.
Log360 can help your organization:
- Identify cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks, malicious file installations, DoS attacks, SQL injection, and more with its real-time correlation capability.
- Alert security teams in real time about events that require their immediate attention, such as account lockouts, security group membership changes, unauthorized access attempts to files or folders, and network attacks.
- Detect unauthorized network access attempts with its built-in STIX/TAXII feeds processor. The tool also has a global IP threat database that instantly detects known malicious traffic passing through the network, as well as outbound connections to malicious domains and callback servers. This global threat database is updated daily, and it contains over 600 million blacklisted IP addresses that are collected from trusted open sources.
- Find potential insider threats with the user behavior analytics engine that creates a baseline of normal activities specific to each user and notifies security personnel instantly when there's any deviation from this norm. Rather than using static threshold values, the tool employs a combination of data analytics and machine learning to define dynamic thresholds based on real-world user behavior.
- Obtain important forensic information about incidents. The collected logs can be securely archived to help prove adherence to compliance standards and reduce potential legal liability during investigations.
- Automatically raise incidents as tickets to the designated administrator in ServiceDesk Plus, JIRA, Zendesk, Kayako, or ServiceNow, creating an incident resolution process that's swift and accountable.
Download a free trial version of Log360 to test these features out yourself.
Latest Ransomware attacks
Latest Data breach attacks
Latest Email Phishing attacks
Latest DoS and DDoS attacks
Latest Brute force attack
Latest Advanced persistent threat (APT)
Stay In The Know
Subscribe to our digest to get your weekly dose of cyber security updates straight to your inbox.
Thank you. You will receive weekly cybersecurity news soon!