Syslog management software
The System Logging Protocol (syslog) was designed as a way to standardize the message format used by network devices to communicate with the log server. It is supported by many devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and Unix/Linux servers across the network, making it easier to manage the logs generated by these devices.
Syslog monitoring and management is important for every organization to reduce system downtime, enhance the performance of the network, and strengthen the security policies of the enterprise.
How are syslogs collected?
Every syslog server contains two common components that help in the process of collection, storage, and analysis:
- Syslog listener: The User Datagram Protocol listener port gathers all the syslog messages it receives from all the network devices.
- Database: Since the network devices generate a huge amount of data every second, the server should be capable of handling such volume of syslog messages it receives.
Standard syslog servers provide basic analyzing capabilities such as viewing and filtering of log data. Therefore, to identify a single problem, administrators often have to invest many hours sifting through stacks of syslogs.
When it comes to securing larger networks, it is important to have a third component on top of the listener and database modules to make syslog management easier.
Syslog management software: A log management tool can help you automate many tasks that can't be automated when using a standard syslog server. You can also trigger alerts and notifications and automate processes in response to select messages so that administrators can take instant action when a problem occurs.
How does EventLog Analyzer help in managing syslog data?
With its built-in syslog server, EventLog Analyzer collects syslog events from various flavors of Unix operating systems such as RedHat, Debian, Open SUSE, OpenBSD, Ubuntu, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, and more. Once collected, the syslogs are analyzed and insights on network activities are presented in concise reports displayed on dashboards.
EventLog Analyzer's syslog management capabilities include:
- A real-time alerting system: With over 300 predefined alert criteria, EventLog Analyzer can quickly identify security incidents and send real-time SMS or email notifications to administrators.
- A powerful correlation engine: EventLog Analyzer provides rule-based correlation of incoming syslogs that enables administrators to spot external attacks, analyze their patterns, and recognize network breaches.
- The graphical dashboard: The solution's intuitive dashboard displays information in the form of graphs and charts, making it easy to interpret syslog data. By organizing data based on severity, category, alerts, and much more, you can instantly identify IT operational issues and security threats.
- Out-of-the-box reports: The exhaustive reporting package of EventLog Analyzer includes over 1,000 out-of-the-box reports. The solution also has a custom report builder that provides an option to build reports based on several criteria such as syslog event type, severity, source, and more.
End-to-end syslog management, made easy
Your download is in progress and it will be completed in just a few seconds!
If you face any issues, download manually here
EventLog Analyzer offers log management, file integrity monitoring, and real-time event correlation capabilities in a single console that help meeting SIEM needs, combat security attacks, and prevent data breaches.
Analyze event log data to detect security events such as file/folder changes, registry changes, and more. Study DDoS, Flood, Syn, and Spoof attacks in detail with predefined reports.
Analyze application log from IIS and Apache web servers, Oracle & MS SQL databases, DHCP Windows and Linux applications and more. Mitigate application security attacks with reports & real-time alerts.
Monitor all types of log data from Active Directory infrastructure. Track failure incidents in real-time and build custom reports to monitor specific Active Directory events of your interest.
Monitor and track privileged user activities to meet PUMA requirements. Get out-of-the-box reports on critical activities such as logon failures, reason for logon failure, and more.
Perform in-depth forensic analysis to backtrack attacks and identify the root cause of incidents. Save search queries as alert profile to mitigate future threats.
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in EventLog Analyzer, we would love to hear. Click here to continue