Taiwan's Ministry of Civil Service (MOCS) suffers data breach.
On June 24, 2019, Taiwan's Ministry of Civil Service (MOCS) revealed that a data breach affected the information of 243,376 civil servants. Employee information, such as ID numbers, names, agency information, and job titles, was compromised and posted on foreign websites.
On June 22, 2019, the ministry received a notification that there might be a data breach affecting over half a million individuals. It was determined that employees who worked in the local and central government from January 1 to June 2005 were affected. The Executive Yuan's cybersecurity unit was the first to identify the breach.
Immediately after the attack was discovered, the ministry notified the National Center for Cyber Security Technology and all affected individuals. The cybersecurity department is helping the ministry take steps to prevent similar attacks in the future. The Ministry of Justice is currently investigating the breach.
Cyberthreats are everywhere, and it's important to be prepared. If you want to avoid cybersecurity disasters like these, investing in a comprehensive SIEM solution like Log360 is key. Download a 30-day, free trial to start combating internal and external security attacks now.
How can ManageEngine help?
Log360, our comprehensive SIEM solution, can help your organization by:
- Alerting security teams in real time about events that require their immediate attention, such as network attacks, unauthorized file or folder access attempts, security group membership changes, and account lockouts.
- Detecting unauthorized network access attempts with its built-in Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX/TAXII) feeds processor. Log360 accesses a global IP threat database that can instantly detect known malicious traffic passing through the network and outbound connections to malicious domains and callback servers. Its global IP threat database contains more than 600 million blacklisted IP addresses collected from trusted open-source threat feeds and is updated daily.
- Uncovering potential insider threats with its user and entity behavior analytics engine that creates a baseline of normal activities specific to each user and notifies security personnel instantly when there's a deviation from this norm. Rather than using static threshold values, Log360 employs a combination of data analytics and machine learning to define dynamic thresholds based on real-world user behavior.
- Obtaining important forensic information about incidents. Collected logs can be securely archived to help prove adherence to compliance standards, and reduce or eliminate potential legal penalties during investigations.
- Automatically raising incidents as tickets to specific technicians in ServiceDesk Plus, JIRA, Zendesk, Kayako, or ServiceNow to create an incident resolution process that's swift and accountable.
Download a free trial of Log360 to see the tool in action for yourself.
Latest Ransomware attacks
Latest Data breach attacks
Latest Email Phishing attacks
Latest DoS and DDoS attacks
Latest Brute force attack
Latest Advanced persistent threat (APT)