How to customize Desktop Management permissions for ServiceDesk Plus users?
Desktop Central proivdes an complete UI inegration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. This means ServiceDesk Plus users will be able to perform Desktop Management functions from within the ServiceDesk Plus Web console.
Refer to the Integration Guide for steps to inetgrate Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus products.
Follow the steps given below to provide selective permissions for a ServiceDesk Plus user in Desktop Central.
- Create an user in ServiceDesk Plus
- Login to the ServiceDesk Plus console
- Click the Admin tab
- In the Users section, click Technicians
- Click Add New Technican.
- Enter the following information about the technician:
- Personal details
- Contact information
- Cost details
- Department details
- Select the required permissions
- Check the Enable login for this technician checkbox. Enter the following details for the technician:
- Login name
- Domain Name
- Assign the technician to a role
- Check Enable to access Desktop Management Functionality and select "Admin" privilege
- Click Save
- The user taht you created in the above step will automatically get added to Desktop Central with administrative privileges.
- You will have to customize the permissions in Desktop Central, if you wish the user be restricted on specific modules within Desktop Management.
- Login to Desktop Central web console
- Select the Admin tab abd click User Administration.
- Select the User tab.
- You will find the name of the technician that you added in ServiceDesk Plus
- Click the Edit icon from the actions column
- Choose an appropriate Role and save. If you do not find a matching role, you can create a role first and then assign the user to that role.