How to configure SAML authentication settings in Desktop Central for Okta SSO?
This document will walk you through the steps required to configure SAML Authentication settings in Desktop Central for Okta.
- Go to www.okta.com. Login to Okta. Click on Admin tab. Navigate to Applications.
- Click on Add Application.
- Click on Create New App.
- Choose SAML 2.0 and click one Create.
- Enter the Service Provider's name, in App name, that is, Desktop Central. Click on Next.
- In Desktop Central, navigate to Admin tab, select SAML Authentication. Choose Configuration by downloading certificate. Copy Entity ID and Assertion Consumer URL.
- In Okta, paste the Assertion Consumer URL against Single sign on URL. Paste Entity ID against Audience URI (SP Entity ID).
- Click on Next.
- Choose- I'm a software vendor. I'd like to integrate my app with Okta. Click on Finish
- Navigate to Assignments tab. Select Assign. You can choose to Assign to People or Assign to Groups.
- Choose user or group and click on Assign. Click on Done.
- Enter the Username in this format: domain\username. Click on Save and Go Back.
- Click on Done.
- Navigate to the Sign On tab. Download Identity Provider metdata.
- In SAML Authentication settings of Desktop Central, Select IdP as Others. Enter IdP name as Okta. Select Username as Name ID. Choose configuration by uploading IdP metadata. Browse and upload the metadata file. Click on Save.
- In Desktop Central's login page, Choose the new option - Login with Okta.
- Enter the credentials to login.