How to deploy Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013?
This document provides steps required to deploy Microsoft Office 2013 to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
Before you deploy the software application, ensure that the computers to which you deploy Microsoft Office 2013 meet the system requirements prescribed by Microsoft. Refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ee624351%28office.15%29.aspx for more details.
To deploy Microsoft Office 2013, follow the steps given below:
Download the package
- Download the Office Customization Tool (OCT) from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35554) and store in the network share. Network share is recommended only while you wanted to deploy the software to computers within the network. If you wanted to deploy Microsoft Office to computers located in a remote location, you can use HTTP upload.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
Extract the contents of the IMG file
Note: If you are copying the contents from a CD, you can skip the steps below and copy the contents of the CD directly to the network share
- Extract the contents from OfficeProfessionalPlus_x86_en-us.img using 7zip.exe
- Copy all the extracted contents, with the same directory structure, to the network share that you created.
Customize the installation
- Open a command prompt window
- Change the directory to the network share where you have stored the installable file
- Enter setup.exe /admin
Note: This opens the OCT from where you can specify the information about the license, information about the company, and change outlook profiles.
- Enter the required product key under Licensing and user interface.
Note: If you select the MAK(Multiple Activation Key) option, you are required to enter a 25-character key. However, if you select the KMS key option, you are not required to enter a key.
- Select the Display Level as None, enable the Suppress Modal check box and ensure that the Completion notice is unchecked as it will be checked by default.
- Specify whether to remove the installations of older versions
Note: The default setting is to remove all the older version. If you want to retain some of the office components select the Remove the following earlier versions of Microsoft Office programs option and choose the components that you want to retain.
- Make the following settings if you do not want computers to reboot after installation:
- In the OCT, under Setup, click Modify Setup Properties
- Click Add
- In the Name field, enter SETUP_REBOOT
- In the Value section, type Never
Your computers will not be rebooted after installation.
- Change the default language settings, if required, after installation. This is an optional step. To change the default language settings using OCTs, follow the steps given below:
- On the Modify User Settings page, expand the tree to Microsoft Office 2013\Language Preferences
- Open the folder that you want in the navigation pane
- Double-click the required setting in the right pane
- Select Enable and specify a value
- Save the customized file with a suitable name, after making the required customization changes. (for example, the name could be custom.msp)
Note: This MSP file should also be saved in the same network share.
1. Open the SilentUninstallConfig.xml file from the location where the downloaded setup has been saved
2. Edit the file as given below -
<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />
3. Specify the Uninstallation Command with Switches/Arguments as given below -
\\server\share\Office15\setup.exe /uninstall ProPlus /config \\server\share\Office15\ProPlus.WW\SilentUninstallConfig.xml
Adding the software package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as <share_name>\setup.exe /adminfile "<share_name>\<msp file name>". For example, \\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\setup.exe /adminfile "\\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\custom.msp"
- Click Add Package
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.