This document provides steps required to deploy Microsoft Office 2013 to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
Before you deploy the software application, ensure that the computers to which you deploy Microsoft Office 2013 meet the system requirements prescribed by Microsoft. Refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ee624351%28office.15%29.aspx for more details.
To deploy Microsoft Office 2013, follow the steps given below:
1. Create a common network share to store the required installable file. Network share is recommended only while you wanted to deploy the software to computers within the network. If you wanted to deploy Microsoft Office to computers located in a remote location, you can use HTTP upload.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
2. Extract the contents of the IMG file
Note: If you are copying the contents from a CD, you can skip the steps below and copy the contents of the CD directly to the network share.
a. Extract the contents from OfficeProfessionalPlus_x86_en-us.img using 7zip.exe
b. Copy all the extracted contents, with the same directory structure, to the network share that you created.
3. Customize the installation
Note: When installing the OCT, you are required to specify the network share, that you created, as the location extract the files. Three folders will be extracted from the OCT. They are ADM, Admin, and ADMX.
Note: This opens the OCT from where you can specify the information about the license, information about the company, and change outlook profiles.
Note: If you select the MAK(Multiple Activation Key) option, you are required to enter a 25-character key. However, if you select the KMS key option, you are not required to enter a key.
Note: The default setting is to remove all the older version. If you want to retain some of the office components select the Remove the following earlier versions of Microsoft Office programs option and choose the components that you want to retain.
Your computers will not be rebooted after installation.
Note: This MSP file should also be saved in the same network share.
1. Open the SilentUninstallConfig.xml file from the location where the downloaded setup has been saved
2. Edit the file as given below -
Adding the software package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as <share_name>\setup.exe /adminfile "<share_name>\<msp file name>". For example, \\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\setup.exe /adminfile "\\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\custom.msp"
- Click Add Package
Deploy to target computers