This document provides steps required to deploy Microsoft Office 2013 to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
Before you deploy the software application, ensure that the computers to which you deploy Microsoft Office 2013 meet the system requirements prescribed by Microsoft. Refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ee624351%28office.15%29.aspx for more details.
To deploy Microsoft Office 2013, follow the steps given below:
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone in the group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
Note: If you are copying the contents from a CD, you can skip the steps below and copy the contents of the CD directly to the network share
Note: This opens the OCT from where you can specify the information about the license, information about the company, and change outlook profiles.
Note: If you select the MAK(Multiple Activation Key) option, you are required to enter a 25-character key. However, if you select the KMS key option, you are not required to enter a key.
Note: The default setting is to remove all the older version. If you want to retain some of the office components select the Remove the following earlier versions of Microsoft Office programs option and choose the components that you want to retain.
Your computers will not be rebooted after installation.
Note: This MSP file should also be saved in the same network share.
1. Open the SilentUninstallConfig.xml file from the location where the downloaded setup has been saved
2. Edit the file as given below -
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as <share_name>\setup.exe /adminfile "<share_name>\<msp file name>". For example, \\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\setup.exe /adminfile "\\DC-machine1\software\Office 2013sv\custom.msp"
- Click Add Package