How to deploy Microsoft Office 2019?
This document provides you the steps required to deploy Microsoft Office 2019 to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
Before you deploy the software application, ensure that the computers to which you deploy Microsoft Office 2019 meet the system requirements prescribed by Microsoft. Refer to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117 for more details.
To deploy Microsoft Office 2019, follow the steps given below:
Download the package
- Download Microsoft office 2019 tool from the Microsoft website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49117) and store in the network share. Network share is recommended only if you wanted to deploy the software to computers within the network. If you wanted to deploy Microsoft Office to computers located in a remote location, you can use HTTP upload.
Note: The network share should have read permissions to Everyone group and should be accessible from all the computers to which you are trying to install.
Extract the contents of the EXE
Create a customized xml
Download the complete package.
- To download the complete package by using the customized xml, navigate to the command prompt and run this command - <File Path>\setup.exe /download <File Path>/config.xml
After downloading the package, you can deploy it through Desktop Central.
Adding the software package in Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Choose Network Path/HTTP Path based on your requirement and Locate/Add the files
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as \setup.exe /configure \config.xml
For example, \\machine-1\DCSWRepository\Office2019Exreacted\setup.exe /configure \\machine-1\DCSWRepository\Office2019Exreacted\config.xml
- Click Add Package
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Microsoft Office 2019 successfully.