How to deploy Symantec End Point Solution's client package using Desktop Central?
This document provides steps required to deploy Symantec End Point solution's client package to multiple computers using Desktop Central.
There are two stages in deploying symantec end point solution using Desktop Central they are:
Creating Client Deployment Package
To create a client deployment package, follow the steps given below:
- Download and install the Symatec End Point Server from here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163580
- The first thing that you need to do, is to configure the firewalls and communication ports on your servers and workstations. To know more about how to recommendations refer to this: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH163112
- On the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click the Home tab at left.
- On the Home page, in the Common Tasks menu, select Install protection client to computers. The Client Deployment wizard starts.
- In the Welcome to the Client Deployment Wizard pane, choose "New Package Deployment" and click Next.
- Select the Platform (Windows or Mac ), If you select the Windows that package includes for both 32 bit and 64 bit machines.
- Select the feature set, the client group and content options
- Select installation mode (Computer / User) and then click Next
- Click Save Package, and then click Next
- Click on Seperate Files (required for .MSI) and Browse to the right path where you want to save the package and then click Next
- Click on Next again to start creating the .msi packages for installation
You can see that the package has been successfully created. The client installation package will be stored in below path
<Stored Location>\My Company_Default Group_WIN32BIT\Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1.4013.4013 - English\Sep.msi
<Stored Location>\My Company_Default Group_WIN64BIT\Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1.4013.4013 - English\Sep64.msi
Deploying Symantec Client Package using Desktop Central
- Click the Software Deployment tab
- Click Add Package
- Select the MSI package type
- Specify a name for the application
- Specify the Installation Command with Switches/Arguments as
<Shared Folder>\My Company_Default Group_WIN32 or (64) BIT\Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1.4013.4013 - English\Sep.msi
- Click Add Package
- Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have sucessfully deployed Symantec End Point solution to target computers.