Unable to access the image file
Your OS deployer server prompts you with the error message - "Unable to access the image file" if the access to the image repository failed. This may happen during the following cases,
- While creating a image back-up. As you try to store the image back-up in the image repository.
- While trying to deploy the saved image back-up to the target computer.
Why am I getting this error?
- The given network share folder or the image file specified is unavailable.
- The access to the image file or network share folder is blocked by firewall / antivirus.
How do I resolve this?
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
Check and ensure the network share path.
- Access the computer where you've created the network share folder and ensure that the image repository exists and the image file exists.
- If the folder / image file exists, ensure it is shared properly with read/write privileges. If the folder / image file is not found, create a network share folder.
- If the configured network share folder is in an external disk, ensure the disk connection and also check if the file / folder is shared. Read more on verifying the share permissions to a folder.
Ensure that the access to share path / image file is not blocked by firewall / anti-virus.
From the computer where you have created the network share, ensure that the firewall / antivirus is not restricting OS Deployer component from accessing the specific folder.
If your issue persists, write to us at email@example.com