Patch Configuration Failure
We have released a separate troubleshooting patch to address this issue. You can follow the steps in this document to resolve this.
You are trying to deploy a patch configuration, but it fails with the error message "The component store has been corrupted" or "No signature was present in the subject."
You might face the above mentioned scenario if the Microsoft component store has been corrupted.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get this fixed.
- Download the below mentioned "Microsoft Fix it" file and install it on the computer, where the patch installation has failed.
- Reboot the affected machine, after installation of "Fix it"
- Try to install one of the failed patch manually, if it succeeds, then you can skip the steps mentioned below and deploy the failed configuration
- If the manual installation fails, then download the following tool (mentioned below) on the same computer and install it
- After the installation, check following log file,
- CheckSUR.log file will list the corrupted components files list. Find out the payload files, which are missing by looking at CheckSUR.log. Identify any line that have (f) as listed below in the example
Seconds executed: 100
Found 3 errors
Fix 1 errors
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 3
Fix CSI Payload File Missing Total Count: 1
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 admparse.dll x86_microsoft-windows-ie-adminkitmostfiles_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_abfb5fd109dad8b8 servicing_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_23ddbf36a8a961bc
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 bootmgr x86_microsoft-windows-b..re-bootmanager-pcat_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_c0f2f087b6457236
(fix) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 bootmgr x86_microsoft-windows-b..re-bootmanager-pcat_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_c0f2f087b6457236
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 winload.exe x86_microsoft-windows-b..environment-windows_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_6701d52e8fdf8d45
- You will need to get these files copied from another machine manually. Make sure the machine you are copying files from is running on the same OS version and system architecture like 64 bit or 32 bit.
- Paste the files into the proper subdirectory under %windir%\winsxs. You will now be able to install the patches manually or using the failed configuration.
For more details refer to this tp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2700601
Applies to: Patch Deployment, Patch Installation Failure, Patch Installation Error, Patch Errors
Keywords: Patch Installation, Patch Management, Patch Deployment Error, Patch Installation Failure
Unable to resolve this issue?
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields