Desktop Central's Remote Control capabilities help you gain access to any remote computer in your network (LAN/WAN). This requires Desktop Central Agent to be installed in client systems. Enable ActiveX controls in the IE browser from where a connection to the client systems is being established. The following steps will assist you to share and control a remote desktop.
Steps to share and control a remote desktop
- Define the Scope of Management to include the computers that you wish to manage using Desktop Central
- Enable the default gateway port as 8443 on the Desktop Central Server. In case of WAN computers, you will need to enable the 8443 port the external firewalls if any.
- Go to Tools tab and select Remote Control
- In the Action field, click the Connect link corresponding to the computer name you want to connect.
- In case you are trying to connect to a WAN computer, the View Desktop link will get activitated within the two-minutes refresh cycle. Click the View Desktop link for the WAN computer to be shared on a viewer.