How to shutdown inactive computers using Desktop Central?
This document provides you the steps to shutdown inactive computers using Desktop Central.
- Download the attached file IdleSession, extract the executable.
- Open DC Server Console
- Click Configuration Tab.
- Choose Custom Script under User Configuration section by navigating from Configuration -> Add Configuration
- Under Define Configuration choose local
- Browse and give the downloaded “idlesession.exe”
- Under Script arguments enter <idle time in sec> <logoff | shutdown | restart >
Ex: 7200 shutdown => This is to switch off the system if the user is idle for 2 hrs.[ 120*60 = 7200 seconds ]
- Deploy it to the the target users.
In addition to shut down, you can perform logoff for inactive user session from the same executable by replacing Shutdown with Logoff in the script arguments.
Note: This script will be executed, even if there is more than one logged on user and the system will be shut down. Assume that there are two users logged on and one of them is idle, then the idle user will be logged off.