How do I revert configurations that I have deployed?
You can revert only certain configurations that have been deployed. This document provides information required to revert configurations. You can revert configurations in the following scenarios:
- Assume that you have deployed a configuration to install a software application. You can revert and change it to enable uninstallation of the software application. You must modify the configuration by changing the following:
- When you want to revert a configuration related to a security policy, you can modify the policy and change the settings as required. For example, assume that you have created a configuration to disable the option to change the wallpaper on the desktop of a computer. You can modify the configuration and change the policy to enable the option to change the wall paper, before re-deploying the policy.
You can also revert the Secure USB and Firewall configurations.
To revert a configuration, follow the steps given below:
- Click the Configurations tab
- In the Configuration Name column, click on the name of the configuration you want to revert
- Click Modify
- Make the required changes
- Click Deploy
You have reverted and re-deployed a configuration. The settings will reflect in the client computers during the agent's 90-minute refresh cycle, during startup or during logon—whichever takes place earlier.