Custom Reports - Firewall Reports
User reports in Firewall Analyzer are grouped into report profiles, and listed under the User Reports category. A report profile can contain a combination of pre-defined and custom reports.
The User Reports section is present in the Reports tab and the left pane.
The My Reports section lists all the custom reports created so far, the hosts that are reported on, and scheduling options. Click on the report name to view the report. The page contains a menu bar and the menu bar contains the following menu:
- Add - Click this menu to create a new user report
- Delete Report - Select the check boxes of custom reports to be deleted and click the Delete Report link to delete report(s).
Click the Edit icon to edit the corresponding custom report configuration details.
The process of creating a report profile includes several other tasks such as including and excluding log filters, and setting custom criteria for specific reports. If Include/Exclude Log Filters are applied to a custom report profile, it will be displayed with an icon and Filter Applied link on top of the reports display of the profile.
Creating a Report Profile
Click the Add link to create a new report profile. You can click this link from the User Reports section in the Reports tab.
Step 1: Select Devices and Filters
- For Profile Name, enter a unique name for the report profile.
- Select the devices (firewalls, squid, ...) to report on. If you want to report on all the devices sending logs to a specific syslog port, then select the Select All Devices check box.
- You can specify the filters on log data, in the section Choose the Filters. Follow the instructions available for Setting Log Filters to know more about operations on Include and Exclude filters.
- This step lets you specify which reports to include as part of this report profile, and set up schedules to generate this report profile automatically. From the list of Available Reports, select the reports that you want to include in this report profile. All the pre-defined reports are listed, along with custom reports that you have previously set up. Below the Available Reports list, Add link with icon is available to create custom report. Clicking the link, opens the Define New Report screen pops up. Look up Define New Report to know more about adding a new report to this list
- Click Next to continue to the next step of the wizard. Click Cancel to exit the wizard.
Step 2: Select Report Type and Schedule
- You can save the report in PDF and also can customize the PDF report by selecting the Customize images for PDF Reports , whereby you can provide your own Cover image (820 by 612 pixels) and Footer image (37 by 547 pixels).
- In the Schedule section, choose the format of report to be Emailed using Send report as: PDF CSV radio buttons. Choose a Schedule Type to schedule this report to be automatically generated at specific time intervals. Choose from hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly schedules, or choose to run this report only once. For Daily, and Only once schedules, you can set the TimeFilter for Custom Hours, Only Working Hours, or Only NonWorking Hours.
For the Daily schedules, if the option Run on Week Days is selected then the reports are run daily except on the weekends. For the Weekly or Monthly schedules, select the option Generate Report only for Week Days if you want to report on the events that occurred only on the week days and not report on events that occurred over the weekends.
- In the Notification section, Mail Notification Enable/Disable option is checked, the scheduled report will be generated and emailed as PDF to the Mail ID that is provided. You can use comma "," separator for multiple mail ids. You can add text, Report Name, Devices, Generated Time, and Criteria to email subject line. You can also add Note to the mail body.
- Click Save to save this report profile under the Custom Reports section. Click Cancel to exit the wizard.