How to migrate the ADSelfService Plus installation from one machine to another?
This article will guide you through the migrating ADSelfService Plus from one machine to another.
Important: Before you start the migration process, please upgrade your ADSelfService Plus installation to the latest build using the Service Pack. Do not uninstall ADSelfService Plus from the old machine until the new installation works fine.
If you have enabled high availability in the old machine, click here for the steps to enable high availability in the new machine.
Steps to migrate your ADSelfService Plus installation
Step 1: Identify the database
- Navigate to the configuration folder - <install_dir>\conf. (By default it is in this location: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\conf).
- Open database_params.conf file in a text editor and locate the drivername to identify the database that is being used by your ADSelfService Plus.
- If the database is PostgreSQL, then proceed with Step 2.
- If the database is MySQL or MS SQL, then contact ADSelfService Plus support team for further guidance.
Step 2: Back up the ADSelfService Plus' database from old machine
- Stop your ADSelfService Plus application/service.
- Start → All Programs → ADSelfService Plus → Stop ADSelfService Plus.
- In case you have installed ADSelfService Plus as a NT Service, stop the service (Start → Run → type Services.msc → Stop ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus).
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator').
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin folder (Default location: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\bin).
- Now execute the command backupDB.bat. This will back up the database.
- A folder named Backup will be created in ADSelfService Plus installation directory (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\Backup) and it will contain the DB back up in compressed file format (eg: 081224-1547.zip).
Step 3 (Optional): Back up patch files if any
- Copy the Patch folder present in ADSelfService Plus installation directory (Default location: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus).
Step 4 (Optional): Back up customized language files if any
- Navigate to <installation directory>\resources and copy the resource folder.
Step 5 (Optional): Back up customized login page and GINA\CP layout if any
- Navigate to <installation directory>\webapps\adssp and copy the html folder and the styles folder.
Step 6 (Optional): Back up SSL certificates if any
If you have enabled HTTPS option for ADSelfService Plus in the old machine, then
- Navigate to the <installation directory>\conf folder and copy the server.xml, web.xml, and SSL keystore (Example: server.keystore) files.
Step 7 (Optional): Backup the MPM folder, if any
If you have enabled the mobile app deployment feature, then
- Backup the MPM folder (Default location: <installation directory>\MPM).
Step 8: Restore the ADSelfServicePlus' database in the new machine
- Install ADSelfService Plus on the new machine. Note that the version or the build number of both old and new installation must be same.
Note: If you do not know the build number of your old ADSelfService Plus installation, contact our support team.
- Stop ADSelfService Plus application/service.
- (Optional) if you have followed Step 3, paste the Patch folder under the ADSelfService Plus installation directory (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus) .
- (Optional) if you have followed Step 4, paste the resource folder under the ADSelfService Plus installation directory (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus).
- (Optional) if you have followed Step 5, paste the html and the styles folders in the <installation directory>\webapps\adssp folder.
- (Optional) if you have followed Step 6, paste the server.xml, web.xml, and the SSL keystore files in the <installation directory>\conf folder.
- Copy and paste the compressed file (ZIP) under the <Installation_Dir>\bin (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\bin) folder
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator')
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin folder (By default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\bin)Now, execute the following command:
Eg: restoreDB.bat 081224-1547.zip
- Start ADSelfService
Steps to follow for high availability setup during migration
- Access the ADSelfService Plus web-console after shutting down the primary machine. You will automatically be redirected to the standby machine.
- Disable High Availability (Navigate to Admin → Product Settings → High Availability) in the standby machine.
- Restart the primary and standby machines.
- Migrate the primary ADSelfService Plus installation from the old machine to the new machine. Find the detailed steps here.
- Once the migration is complete, enable High Availability on the new machine.
Need further assistance? Fill this form, and we'll contact you rightaway.
Free Active Directory users from attending lengthy help desk calls by allowing them to self-service their password resets/ account unlock tasks. Hassle-free password change for Active Directory users with ADSelfService Plus ‘Change Password’ console.
Get seamless one-click access to 100+ cloud applications. With enterprise single sign-on, users can access all their cloud applications with their Active Directory credentials. Thanks to ADSelfService Plus!
Intimate Active Directory users of their impending password/account expiry by mailing them these password/account expiry notifications.
Synchronize Windows Active Directory user password/account changes across multiple systems, automatically, including Office 365, G Suite, IBM iSeries and more.
Ensure strong user passwords that resist various hacking threats with ADSelfService Plus by enforcing Active Directory users to adhere to compliant passwords via displaying password complexity requirements.
Portal that lets Active Directory users update their latest information and a quick search facility to scout for information about peers by using search keys, like contact number, of the personality being searched.