Configuring Agent Settings
A light-weight non-intrusive agent has to be installed on the computers that have to be managed using Endpoint Central. You have an option to configure the settings for these agents.
Agent General Settings
- Navigate to Admin -> SoM Settings -> Agent Settings.
- The General Settingstab is selected by default. You can specify the following from here:
- Server IP Address - The IP Address of the computer where the product server is installed is displayed here. The agents residing in the client computers communicate to the product server using this IP Address. The product automatically detects the server IP Address whenever the product server is started. If you wish to automatically detect and save the IP Address, select the Automatically detect and save the IP Address change option.
- Enable Secured Communication - Select this option, if the communication between the agent and the product server should be secured (HTTPS)
- Enable Checksum Validation - Select this option, to verify if the patch/software binaries that are downloaded from the product server are verified for integrity using "Checksum Validation (md5 algorithm)". If the checksum fails, then the installation will be aborted.
- Restrict Users from Uninstalling Agents and Distribution Server - Enabling this option will prevent the user from uninstalling the agent manually, but the Admin can still uninstall the agent manually on computers through OTP.
To view the OTP configured, navigate to Agent > Scope of Management > Computers (in product console) or Menu > Scope of Management > Computers > Actions (in mobile app).
- Restricting Users from Stopping the Endpoint Central Agent service - Choosing this option will restrict the users from manually stopping the agent service. However, administrator can stop the agent service by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click Tools on the product server
- Choose System Manager
- Select the computer, on which you wanted to stop the service and click Manage
- Select the service "ManageEngine Endpoint Central - Agent", under Services tab
- Under Actions, click stop to stop the service.
- Perform Patch Scanning - Select this option if Patch Scanning has to be initiated immediately after the agent installation. If this option is not selected, Patch Scanning will only happen when it is scheduled or when On Demand scanning is initiated.
- Perform Inventory Scanning - Select this option if Inventory Scanning has to be initiated immediately after the agent installation. If this option is not selected, Inventory Scanning will only happen when it is scheduled or when On Demand scanning is initiated.
- Enable Firewall Settings - Our product requires the Windows Firewall running in the client computers to be configured for using all its features. Select this option to configure the firewall for enabling Remote Administration, DCOM, File and Printer Sharing, and Simple File Sharing in Windows XP.
- Enable Wake On LAN Settings Select this option to enable wake on LAN feature in client computers to turn the computer on before deploying important configurations.
- Click Save Changes.
Agent Tray Icon Settings
Endpoint Central provides an option to display the Agent Icon in the System Tray of all the managed computers. The users can perform the following actions using the system tray:
- Initiate Patch Scanning
- Initiate Inventory Scanning
- Pull and apply configurations that are available to them
- Self-Service Portal
- Launch ServiceDesk Plus
- Send requests to Help Desk for specific needs.
- When User Logon Reports is enabled, the user will be able to view his/her login history.
- Troubleshoot agent from the agent tray icon.
- View agent details and log details from the tray icon.
Follow the steps below to configure the Tray icon settings:
- Click the Admin tab to invoke the Admin page.
- Click the Agent Settings link available under SoM Settings.
- Select the Agent Tray Icontab and specify whether to display the icon in the system tray of the managed computers. When choosing this option, you can choose the following:
- Show Patch, Inventory, and Configuration Menu
- Show Last Logon Details
- Show Information Balloons While Processing Configurations, Patch Scanning and Inventory Scanning
- Click Save Changes